ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP: Problem with gearbox/clutch

J@Y

Clio 182 and CBR 600
This is really weird. I was pulling away from a junction in 1st and there was a bang about 5k when it changed cam timing... Felt like it jumped out of gear. Went for 2nd. Revs rose up but no drive, just grinding! Same in all gears.

Checked to see if a shaft had come out. No.

The grinding was internal. Towed it home. I guessed at diff failure so got a new box. Spent an entire evening changing the box last night. Didn't seem to be any metallic content in the box oil. Checked the shafts were lockin when in gear. They did. Put the wheels on and turned it on and ran it in the air and the speedo ran up as it should. Dropped it down, went to move it and exactly the same has happened again! Argh!!!!

New gearbox, same driveshafts which looked fine. Same clutch and fly wheel. Wat could it be?? I'm thinking maybe clutch had done its splines? Really gettin me down now.

I thought that as it sounds like the same problem I had, Jay thought it did first too so he got a new box... Even with the new box its the same, thinking about it I think it has to be clutch spline/center related now...

J@Y

Clio 182 and CBR 600
I did quickly. But stupidly didn't take it off. Friction plate looked ok but I recon it may have split from its centre mounting. Either way, box is going to have to come off again :(