ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help removing 200 bumper

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Hi Guys,

Would anyone in the SE (close-ish to Rayleigh) fancy helping me out please? I'll happily pay for someones time :)

Basically I bought projector headlights and HID's for my 200, got them all fitted at 519 but unfortunately the HID's didnt work. So I have bought some new ones, waiting to receive in the post, and then I'll need to re-fit my projectors.

Its a bumper off job to swap them over, and as much as I'd like to have a go myself, I'm pretty sure I'd break it somehow.

Anyone handy with this sort of thing that wouldn't mind giving me a hand? Im happy to come to you!

Ry

Many.
HAI.

Been a few years since I had the 200 front bumper off, but I do that sorta thing daily at work (Inc a shed load of new Clio 200T's as you can't spec them with front parking sensors from factory!)

I'd happily help, its an easy job anyway :)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
HAI.

Been a few years since I had the 200 front bumper off, but I do that sorta thing daily at work (Inc a shed load of new Clio 200T's as you can't spec them with front parking sensors from factory!)

Legend! Thank you :) I'll give you a shout when my new HID kit arrives and we can arrange a date! Will sort you out some beer money or I'll order in food or something as a thank you!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
HAI.

I bet that's teffirying drilling into brand new cars!

is there a template or do you have to work it all out yourself for the parking sensor holes?

Many.
I bet that's teffirying drilling into brand new cars!

is there a template or do you have to work it all out yourself for the parking sensor holes?

Having done it thousands of times now, It no longer worries me, worst case we're paying for a bumper!

Most cars, that you can spec with factory sensors have premarks, so they're easy.
Cars without, for example in this case, a Clio 4 Front, we figure out where looks and functions best, from experience etc, and hope for the best, then take measurements for future reference.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Having done it thousands of times now, It no longer worries me, worst case we're paying for a bumper!

Most cars, that you can spec with factory sensors have premarks, so they're easy.
Cars without, for example in this case, a Clio 4 Front, we figure out where looks and functions best, from experience etc, and hope for the best, then take measurements for future reference.

so is your job to fit the dealer options or are you a general tech/engineer there?

Many.
so is your job to fit the dealer options or are you a general tech/engineer there?

I work in the aftermarket (Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on your view), but I fit 90% of parking sensors for 3 Renault dealers (plus many others) as I can do a kit the same as factory, cheaper and normally better looking (smaller).

:D