ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help! What has upset my immobliser?

172 race build
Hey guys, first post on here. I bought a 172 a while back and plan on using it for trackdays. I have been stripping the car and then started removing what i thought was unnesscary wiring. I have removed the airbags etc and all was fine but i think it must have been when i cut the wires for the boot locking mechanism that now the car wont start and it seems to be the immobiliser. I have tried the reset with no luck as it obviously keeps tripping. Do I have to try and refit the wiring to the boot lock or is there a way around this? I was hoping i could just remove the imobliser altogether but after some research that sounds like a no no on the clio. After some help and any ideas to how i can get my engine running again. Any ideas welcome :)

Clio 172 Ph1.
Hi there.
First off all. Is it a ph 1 og ph 2?
What does your immobilizer do? Its the little red lamp on the dash.

I had a similar problem when stripping the wiring, so i might be able to help if its the same problem. :)

172 race build
Its a ph 2 172. Yea the red light on the dash is going crazy and when i try to start the car it just makes a single click and thats it. windscreen wipers wont turn off either but maybe a seperate issue lol! Any ifo would be greatly appreciated!

Clio 172 Ph1.
Well, if you can find out if its the same system on the ph 1 i might be able to help you.
But im not sure whether its the same or not.

Black Gold Trophy
They are different.

Did you cut all the wires in one bunch or individually? You may have shorted something

172 race build
Well i've cut all the wires to the boot lid apart from the brake light, so heated screen and the locking mechanism. But did it about a month ago and can't remember which one's which :( properley buggered myself here.... I thought i may have shorted something but no luck finding anything yet. Problem is i've started stripping the whole interior so could be something else but im 99% sure its the bootlid lock thats caused it as it drove before. Didn't know if anyone else had done similar? Cheers for all the help btw.