ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with CD Changer location

Down under in Aus, the MK1 Clio 172 (2001) didnt get a CD changer, just a single CD heat unit.

Ive got an Alpine head unit fitted and an Alpine CDA 624 6 Stack changer that Id like to fit (other than it sliding around the boot like it is at the moment)

(I also forked out the equivalent of about 80 pounds to get a hold of the Alpine steering wheel remote items and get em shipped out but thats another story)

What is the default mounting method for the cars in KU/Europe for the stacker? Is it

A: mounted to the underside of the passenger seat,
B: the top of the useless plastic thingy under the passenger seat or
C: on the floor under the passenger seat (and turf the useless piece of plastic)
D: Inside the plastic thing (as it fits, but aint pretty)

The boot doesnt appar to have anywhere to easily mount the changer on the sides of the car, all the recesses are too small. I guess people just mount them to the back of the seat do they?

B looks unlikely as the seat would appear to collide with it.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Nick (Melbourne- Aus)

Aah,

I think I see now..

There are two bolt holes under some trim on both beams. I assume them that there is a frame of some sort that the CD stacker sits on, coz the beams are a good 10" apart and the holes are at least 8" apart on the beams

RS Clio 182

NickH, I have the same mounting problem. Ive just bought an Alpine S634 multichanger and want to fit it under the passengers seat. So i went down to my local Renault dealer and they think I can buy a bracket which fits to the existing holes used for the plastic storage thingy. He has ordered me the part and I pick it up today.

Will let u know if it fits/is suitable and a part number if u want.

Kennedy & towser...

As it happens, I had to go past the dealer this morning (AirBag warning light still..now fixed again).

So I had a look under a MK2 172 passenger seat, and saw the bracket. So I hassled the spare parts guy, and he had 1 left. Cost me AU$24, which is about 9UK pounds. It replaces the useless plasic tray thats under there on mine.

Seems to fit OK. Dunno how easy it will be to put in with the changer in place. It may be a seat removal job, but hope not. (I have a CHA-624, but wish I had a 634 as Ive got the MP3 head unit)

The unit should mount straight in no probs, as the std changer in the Aus 172s is a rebadged Alpine CDM 6 stacker. Ill be fitting it tonight when I get home.

Update...

Just got home .. The 624 must be a bit wider than whatever model Alpine supply Renault.

Therell need to be a bit of customization to make it fit (Read big pliers).

P.S. The part number for the metal fram I got is 82000-82120