ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help with dash lights and engine losing all power

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I have an 02 plate 172 and have recently changed the exhaust for a k-tec s/s cat back system! I also have the k&n gen 2 i/kit fitted and the other day the exhaust gas warning light came on (didnt think this would happen with a cat back). There is also another light came on i believe its the fault warning light (square with sqiggly line through it) but when this happened the engine dropped to idle and the car would not rev at all but when re-started this light went out and car drove normally again but this keeps happening. Any help greatly appreciated as its doing my head in basically:(

M2 Competition
Its a problem with your tdc sensor, need new one fella, as this will become more frequent until you do!

You need to get a Renault laptop on the car to check but as Rex said sounds like a Top Dead Center sensor failed not difficult to replace though.
The first problem is down to you have plugged the second exhaust sensor in it shouldbe't be just unplug it and get the ECIU faults cleared and the light won't come back.

so firstly have the faults read . secondly replace the t.d.c sensor and thirdly undo the lambda sensor (the one closest to the mid section ) . coudl anyone tell me where this tdc sensor is located and what it looks like . cheers for the help folks

right. cleaned up the tdc sensor and the car hasnt died on me again!!:D

im going to disconnect the o2 sensor now but this will leave a hole can anyone tell me what i plug this hole up with or do i just sleeve the sensor and plug back in??