ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help with gauges (oil pressure etc)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I need the following for my build.

Oil Pressure
Oil Temp
Water Temp

And maybe the tacho if I cant get the renault one to work off the omex 600.

Want to keep costs down but also don't want any cheesey f**king raceX s**t.

Whats the advantages with electric/mechanical and how would i fit the oil pressure?

Cheers

Electrical sensors are far prefereable as you don't need to run hot oil into the cabin.

Idealy you want some form of data logging on them as well as logging oil pressure is extremely useful.

Good solution are the SPA dual gauges. They aren't really that expensive and use decent and accurate sensors. Or just stick an Omega in there, either a D1 purely for a dash or a D2 if you want some logging.

Cheers
M

The basic Stack gauges are good for the money, the stack Data and Dash stuff is getting a bit long in the tooth now though.

Just man up and buy one of these:

OmegaDashCutOut-Smooth-01.jpg

Might seem expensive but if you are going to realisticaly need to buy a Speedo, Tach, Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, Coolant Temp and Fuel gauge then you're already pretty close. Not to mention the fact that you can run shift lights, alarms, gear position etc. etc. via an Omega.

Cheers
M

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
EDIT!

Ive saved the water temp as I think ive found the wire to the dash on the firewall connection :D

Just need to find which is Oil pressure switch and oil level