ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help with head unit upgrade

hi there everyone hope you are all ok...

just wondered if i buy an alpine head unit will the changer link straight up to this because they are same brand or will i need an adaptor or cable? how much would this cost?

also i want to retain the steering wheels controls and dash display how do i do this and how much would this cost me!!

many thanks to all who can help me cheers

1998 BMW e46 323i
unsure, but believe the changer only works with renault h/u. And usually the control adapter for the steering remote is around 50 quid, if the h/u allows for this. get on the blower to the supplier.

mk2 clio 1.2
yeah it wont work what i suggest is jus get an ipod addopter and use and ipod get more tracks. and its easyer 2 up date your ipod with music
no1 tends 2 use cd changers no more. u can pick up and ipod addopter 4 around £40ish.

cheers guys thanks for that i will have a think on if i can retain the cd changer i would love 2 thanks again

BMW M135i
CD changer cannot be used with the alpine hu end of, it'll only work with the tuner list headunit.