ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with Key Sync with Alarm

ely

clio 172 cup
Right, a couple of months ago my 172 cup decided not to start. I had my mechanic look at it and he said it was a problem with the key sync with the alarm/immobilser. He put a new battery in the key fob and has been fine till this weekend and it has done the same thing. I turns over but will not start, it sounds like the immobilser kicks in. He said its an intermitant fault and he doesnt know the cause and said take it to a main dealer, but i dont wont them to rip me off so i thought i'd see if you lot (basically the experts) knew what it was and how to fix it?

Regards

Jake

Evo 8 MR
I had this problem recently when I unlocked the car, opened the door but didn't put the key in the ignition and left the door half open.

Are you unlocking it, getting in and starting straight away?

More poke than viagr
My mate has exactly the same fault in his 172 Cup, will not start at all but then all of a sudden it will :S Weird stuff lol. Would also be gratefull for any info on this

ely

clio 172 cup
Yes im unlocking the car then trying to start it. Once it happens once tho it wonmt start until its been towed or moved. Really wierd.

1.4 16v soon 2 be 172 rep
im having same problem and the red little dot light on the dash stays on and the motor spins but it stops spinning after a second and doesnt start.. and if i move the car about 4 metres it will start :S

1.4 16v soon 2 be 172 rep
mine seemed to be okay since i solved the back light problem becuase it was all mixed lol when i brake the indicators were coming on very lightly but i think that caused the problem?

ely

clio 172 cup
i have no idea but mines been ok for 5 days now! Tick Tock Tick Tock just waitng for it to happen again. I read on here that someone got and autoelectrician out and they took out his immobiliser and that fixed it so i might have that done.

Fingers crossed for both our cars then!