ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help with steering column?

1.8 rsi, leon fr 1.4
hi guys,

ive just found out that i either need to tig weld my steering column or replace it. im up for replaceing so what i wanna ask is do you know if the steering column out of any mk1 clio will fit my mk1 1.8 rsi?

thanks

​mike

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Does the RSI have PAS? most crap small MK1's do not, I'ts most likely a safe bet all PAS columns on Mk1's of the same year will be the same.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I'd say it's probably the same, although just check the part number and ask renault garage or something, highly doubtful they'd manufacture two for the same car.

1.8 rsi, leon fr 1.4
well mk1 1.8 rsi's are rare so i was hopeing to grab one out of a crappy old 1.2 or something one thats for breaking

1.8 rsi, leon fr 1.4
well i cant take it some where cuz it has no MOT or tax and i cant get an MOT cuz of the steering column xD catch 22 mate so to get someone out is 100 quid but i could proberly grab one out of a breakers for 20-30 quid and get my mate to fit it. i just wanted to know if any mk1 would be okay to get one off of?

Pearl Black Ph2 172
Try and find one in a breakers car that has PAS and a similar year to yours.
Compare parts numbers if poss or take the old column with you to compare against.

Or

Get more quotes from diff welders.
You must be able to get the price down from someone.

I'd spend the extra £20 or so if it saved me doing all the legwork..

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Weld it. They all go floppy, you'll be chasing your tail by fitting another that isn't welded. I have a non pas rack and column which I ran on my RSI if you're interested in converting