ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with tyres!

Black R26, Iceburg 172
My fronts are starting to look very bald and i think im gonna need some new tyres shortly before they become illegal.
What are peoples recomendations on which tyres to get and the best place to buy from. I wont be tracking the car but i do like to give it a blast now and again (actually its everyday because i cant resist the temptation) so would like a brand that are going to last well and give good grip in wet and dry.
Cheers

Silver 172 Ph1
Im running Michelin Exaltos (195/50s V rated)

They give good performance in wet and dry, I havnt tried much else for comparison but just replace one today as I kerbed mine yesterday and blew it out :(

High speed + Roundabout = £50 for replacement.

Still they arnt bad if you shop online get them from £40 - £60 all in.

PS not running cup just standard 172...

J

JACKO CUP 172!

my tyres . com is preety good. have got eagle f1s on front of my cup. defo better in the wet but in the dry i dont think they r all that.my conti sports were better.

FF Blackgold 182
Michelin Exaltos on mine too. Gonna get some new ones on the front as they are what Renault put on the back for me when I bought the car. I don't advise mixing different makes though.

1.9 Diesel RT
Michelin are good ones. Avons are also pretty good spec. Depends what size tyres you want.
Always best to try the internet first. Garage prices on tyres are always a bit on the high side. Plus, if you buy off the internet and then take it to your local garage, they'll fit them for you for a small fee.