ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!

I cant seem to get hold of any Contis and Michelin - has anyone had the same problem

Also

Does the 172 have any suspension adjustment for the rear, i.e. is a 4wheel alignment actually doing anything. I ask because a tyre place said there wasnt....

Ta.

yep, you CAN adjust the rear.

you need to use shim plates from the hub flange to arm, but entirely possible.. thats how the cup racers do it.

have fun..

Joe

Is that something that a "normal" tyre place could/would do? Whenever I see these guys they just seem to have a set of mole grips!

Arjun

Joe

While you are on, I had the wheels off the ground - in the garage - on the weekend and noticed that there is a lot of "noise" when rotating the wheel, it sounds like all the cogs are just rattling about. Hae you noticed this on yours? I have also noticed a small "clunk" on moving off in 1st and reverse - but Im hoping that is because the airbox isnt mounted properly after a service from Renault yesterday.

Ta.

Arjun

Just had it tracked and after looking at it while it was on the ramps I thik the gear linkage is the source....sound plausible?

check the engine mountings for security.

this can cause the clunk you describe.

when you say rotating the wheel do u mean steering or roadwheel ?

RS - did 11.5k but rotated front to rear at 5k

Joe

I tried to move on the mounts but they seemed ok - I dropped the car in to NH@HP last night for the refitting of his IK so Im going to ask him to have a look....

It was the road wheel....

Arjun