ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!!!!

Clio 182 Cup
I realy need some help here!! My PC freezes whenever I plug a usb device into it!! I have tried loads of things but none help me, even tried looking for usb 2.0 drivers etc, disabled the drivers and reenabled and now my mouse will not work at all because everytime i enable the usb now my pc crashes!! HELP!!!

Clio 182 Cup
Running XP, plugging in my SD card reader, My Pda, My Wireless Internet USB thing, anything and everything crashes!!! It is sending me loopy. If i switch pc off and plug everything in then switch on they work!!

172 Cup
Sounds like a power problem. Probably a cheap/nasty PSU (no offence) which can't cope with the USB powered devices being plugged in while the PC is running.

SLK 350
Doubt it would have been a power issue, Windows usually sets around 500mA per USB port, and an input device will usually only consume 100mA a piece.

Probably just down to corrupt system file/driver or a BIOS issue. I had a similar issue when using some crappy card reader, soon as I installed the included driver it basically fell on it's arse, reverted back to OE USB 2.0 drivers and it worked fine.

Anyway good job it's sorted, what driver did you reinstall?

Clio 182 Cup
just all the USB drivers, went into system, hardware, then uninstalled.... restarted and it reinstalled itself.... woo hoo