ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

help! :)

Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v

ok, couple of problems to do with my 99 clio...

first of all, when the engine is cold and im accelerating (not necessarily hard), it accelerates smooth then looses power for a split second, enough to kangeroo the car slightly but not THAT noticably, the harder you accelerate the worse the hesitance. Any ideas whats causing that? plugs were changed not that long ago, so ive ruled that out

secondly, when going relatively fast and braking coming to the end of a dual carriageway (for example), my nearside front brake/wheel/sumthing down there, makes a LOUD rumble until the pressure is released from the brake. The noise continues to exist when braking at low speeds for a while, but if i leave it for a while and then brake at low speeds, the noise disappears, but comes back when braking at higher speeds. Im thinking its heat related...?

To add to the above, my nearside bearing is on its way out, rumbles slightly when steering right, isnt there when steering left or going straight, could the noise im thinking is off the brakes, really be from the bearing?

Someone help, cause the noise when braking is f**kin scary, lol

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

poss coolant temp sensor for the running fault

the bearing and noise when braking will be the same thing as when you brake you are putting load on the front bearing so it will make the noise.when you steer right you also put load on the n/s/f bearing so you get the noise.change the n/s/f wheel bearing if i was you.