ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Open the bonnet and try the fuel cut off reset button. About the size of a 50p and bright red. By the battery.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Bit more info required.
What does it do when you try to start it?
Airbags gone off or Anything?

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Constantly turns over or just turns for a few seconds then stops?
Pop off the fuel pipe from the injector rail and see if any fuel there.

BMW z4
He just sent me this

Just had a word with my boy
He says it won't start because there's no oil so the pump will not work once sump is done it will start

Is this true

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Sounds like hit curb, smashed sump, lost oil. If it was turned off straight away it should be alright. New sump, new oil and filter.
If it ran without oil it's fecked.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Basically if you are trying to start an engine with no oil, you are knackering said engine.

I know some cars will kill the ignition if the oil light comes on but I don't know if the clio is one of them.
What other damage is there to the rest of the car if the sump has been damaged like that?

BMW z4
It's bent sub frame wheel and sump that's it but he's saying the reason engine won't start if cos there's no oil but surely it would still fire (stupid to I no) but I want the engine for my track car and don't want a load of hastle

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It's bent sub frame wheel and sump that's it but he's saying the reason engine won't start if cos there's no oil but surely it would still fire (stupid to I no) but I want the engine for my track car and don't want a load of hastle

Unless you're buying it for peanuts, I'd genuinely walk away.

I'm sure you can find a used engine on here. It'd be far less hassle

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Depends how cheap it is, but I'm still thinking that engine is scrap.
If it's still a cheap buy, get it, break it, keep the bits you need, then just buy another engine for yourself with the profit.

BMW z4
But he said it cut off straight away soon as he hit kerb but I just want to here it running for 1 seconds so what could of caused that it's done 45k there hard to find with that mikes

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Your buying this car because you want the engine.

The engine that's got no oil in it and you e no idea how long it's been run for with no oil. And you've no idea how many times he's tried to start it and cranked it over. With no oil in it.

Just read that back to yourself.

BMW z4
I didn't ask for you to be a sarcastic f**k did I I asked for help if you don't wanna help comment some were else he hit the kerb bent the wheel so the car wasn't going any were was it? It died and he has tried to start it once since but realised there was a whole in the sump so stoped I want the engine and few other bits

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I didn't ask for you to be a sarcastic f**k did I I asked for help if you don't wanna help comment some were else he hit the kerb bent the wheel so the car wasn't going any were was it? It died and he has tried to start it once since but realised there was a whole in the sump so stoped I want the engine and few other bits

Who put 10p in the c**t??
Where was I being sarcastic??

Buying a car purely for an engine, when the engine has got no sump, is a risky business.

BMW z4
I no that but I want to no what reason could stop the engine starting due to it been in a crash so I can check it when I get there and it's cheap £400 52 172 cup

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I no that but I want to no what reason could stop the engine starting due to it been in a crash so I can check it when I get there and it's cheap £400 52 172 cup
The car's got two computers that could stop it from starting.

Then there's the key which could have failed.

Or there's no compression.

Or a piece of wiring loom could have been damaged when he hit the Kerb.

Or there's burger stuck in the air vents.

Or the engine is seized

Or the battery is knackered.

There's many possibilities.

Inferno 225 cup
My maths would go.

£400 unknown condition engine.

£5-700 for a well looked after with receipts.

Buy cheap buy twice.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Ryan, I think buying this would be no slick manoeuvre. The damage already done could put you onto a slippery slope, hold out and you could slide into a much better buy. Don't Fuch yourself over by purchasing an engine that could be damaged beyond repair.