ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Helpless chick

Hey, got a newclio sport about two months ago and as i know less than f**ck all about issues mechanical am looking for some info.

First gear has been sticky right from the start, thought it would bed in but have done about 3000 miles and its gettin worse! real;y hard to get it into first unless the car is completely stationary, surely not meant to do that? took it back to the dealer and the useless ned took it for a drive and said that the gearbox was perfectly normal! any ideas??

sometimes youll find itll be worse til the gearbox oil warms up, my gtturbo used to be a nightmare going into 1st until it was warmed up

A well built VW

I had a similar problem with mine even second started to play up took it to renault as it was still under warranty and although not covered they replaced the gearbox oil with semi-synthetic stuff and this has cured the problem for me, must be worth a try surely wouldnt cost much

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Thought this had something to do with me :oops:

Being HippyChick and having lost my mobile today, thinks that makes me a pretty helpless chick

Hehehe

Insist your dealer does something, as mine did this and I just kept going in, till they put it right......I think they swapped it for the synthetic / semi synthetic stuff too

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Used Redline sythetic stuff on my valver from Demon Tweeks. MX5 users recommend it for curing 1st and 2nd gear change problems.

Definately worth doing to try and keep the gearbox as smooth as you can. If you use good stuff should never have to change it again.