ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

helpppp!! - removing upper gearbox mount??

Just busy changing the engine mounts on the car got them all done easy enough up until
it got to the upper gearbox mount. How do you get the old one out?? I've undone the 3 bolts that hold it in, but its still not coming out.

Tried moving the engine and I think its just the rubber on the bottom holding it in.

How did everyone else get it out?

Apologies if its been covered already, on my phone and can't search

ran out of time in the end, needed to get it back together as i was doing about 12 jobs at once.

i got as far as the mount moving seperate from the body of the car, by raising the trolley jack a bit, but couldnt get it to budge. didnt want to give it a whack with a hammer incase i'd missed a bolt or something. i'l give it another go next wk end and if i get stuck again, i may have to ask further advice on the 26th when my cars at JMS for a service.... ;)

it might have been stuck on the bolt - try letting the jack off and/or thumping the bolt to see if that does it. there's nothing else holding it on, anyway

yeh it seemed that way henry, like the bolt that came up through the middle of the mount was rusted / corroded onto the mount. i was trying to prise it off with a large screw driver but couldnt and didnt want to be too rough as said incase i'd missed a bolt. will give it another go during the week see how it goes.