ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Here’s my old Alfa.

VW Potato

Thats my old Alfa, folks. GTV6, 2.5cc, V6, 170BHP. Not massively quick but I was very very fond of it. Gonna get another soon. I miss that engine soooooo much.... :D

g

VW Potato

sorry, donkey that I am, I put it in the wrong place. Clio relevance? Er, theyre the same colour, sort of...

g

H22A7 Accord Type R

thats CRACKIN mate!!!!!! and i bet that V6 burbled awesomely!!!!!! hmmmmmmm

VW Potato

this car - well, this type of car - held a UK land speed record* unbroken for about 16 years. It took the record from (believe it or not) a Lamborghini Countach. The Alfa lost the record about two years ago to... a Volvo. Thats a (tedious) Factamundo for you to share and enjoy.

*prolly not a land speed record, but a speed record or some sort. Itll be in The Guiness Book of records somewhere.

g

nice car you had there Scudetto, forgot about them and seeing the picture remind me of when i wanted one, whats the reliabilty like on them? are them std wheels and suspension??

another classic i used to wish to have (still do in fact) are Karmann Ghia, especially the coupe, I love to have one in yellow:)

VW Potato

reliability? well, the V6 is unburstable and as strong as you could wish for. Its everything else thats a bit variable, but mainly electrics and build. That said, my only probs were with the wipers (ironically, for the MOT - never went out in the rain) and headlight fuses going pop. Mechanically, it blew a prop shaft coupling (a wear and tear item on these cars - remember the gearbox is at the back, along with the clutch - please Alfa, dont do that again). Structually, it felt a stiff as you could wish for (the rear seats dont fold and theres a massive cross member behind them and around the rear suspension, too.)

Oh. the 480? Thats my mums old motor - she likes low, wedgy cars. Although she now has a Polo. Go figure. :confused:

g