ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hey

Clio 1.4RT L Plate
First of hey to you all, i'm a newbie here:clown:

I have a Clio 1.4 RT on an L plate, and it failed its MOT last week, really i am looking for advice cause the engine is sound with only 75,000 on the clock, i have seen pretty much shell of the same model i have on ebay, and was woundering if it is really worth what the guy is asking? Advice would be really greatful:)

...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=260271364392&Category=9861&_trksid=p3907.m29

I do own an engine hoist and a nice book of haynes :lolup: so i have step one of the change.

Titanium 182
Probably best to establish why your car failed its mot first before you go reshelling lol. Is it rusted to buggery or do you just need to change a brake light? ;)

Just go on www.clio16valver.co.uk

im sure theres a valver on there for like £300 for sale lol. Upgrade too!

Ian

Focus TDCi
Unless you're sentimentally attached to the car, I'd scrap it or sell for parts, it doesn't sound like a two minute fix. There are plenty of mk1s and mk2s going for sub £1,000, or £2,000 respectively. By the time you've bought the parts and paid for a new MOT you'll probably have spent a fair bit.

Titanium 182
as i said, get on clio16valver and snap up one of the cheapies in the forsale section !

Titanium 182
sell your engine and buy a valver. Seriously mate it isn't worth the effort. But the shell seems cheap enough. You could have a runner for £200 more though lol...

Titanium 182
depends on miles i guess, You could probably get £80 from the right person. But a car for £300 is hardly breaking the bank and im a super poor apprentice !