ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi Everyone!!!!

Hi to everyone on here, just bought a 04cliocup today, pick it up on wednesday, and going out for a bit of fun;).

i live in renfrewshire, so hi to all the local clios!!!!

172fastcup....

cheers ravo and dan,

first carnutz to talk back to me on this forum....

thanks for the welcome reply

p.s yup its mondial blue....

[Edited by 172fastcup on 12 June 2004 at 7:49pm]

yeah we all renault frenchies ere mate!

zeeees is alll wrongggg, zee driver zits in zeee left ziiiiide!

nah, haha

eyup fella. how are ya?

hi everyone,

thanks for the welcome notes, its an o4 plate mondial blue 172cup, and is one of the last few new cups remaining, cant wait till wednesday...

i get a good kick from my scooby, but when i test drove the cup, as it hit 5000 revs this baby took off:) i was well pleased, half the running costs of the scoob twice the fun:D

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by 172fastcup on 13 June 2004

i get a good kick from my scooby, but when i test drove the cup, as it hit 5000 revs this baby took off:) i was well pleased, half the running costs of the scoob twice the fun:D
There seem to be quiet a few ex Impreza owners who found the Cup/172/182 to be a good low cost alternative. It appears the main reasons are running costs (I know how thirsty Rus are) and the fact that its hard to chuck a 4wd car about and get the most out of it on the roads, but you can really push the little Clio and get more enjoyment out of driving it.

With Impreza did you have? The only one I found to be comparable in terms of driving enjoyment was the old Turbo 2000, so light and nimble and like a rocket. Cant really compare the P1 as that thing was on another planet.:D

Since then they seem to be missing something, although the current models are a massive improvement over the Bugeye.:sick:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Welcome to the Cup owners life. You know it makes sense...even if some of the others dont! ;)

right peeps,

dont know if i want to invalidate my warranty so soon, but anyhows, can you give me the best set-up for performance i.e what airfilter, what exhaust, what remap, and whatever else... im going down the root of induction with a full decat;)

oooohhh this wee cup is going to live up to its name

172fastcup lol

well nice to see we have a balanced forum here,

20 guys and one little chick, gloves are out guys lol;)

hi to all that replied...i feel very welcome on here!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by 172fastcup on 13 June 2004

dont know if i want to invalidate my warranty so soon, but anyhows, can you give me the best set-up for performance i.e what airfilter, what exhaust, what remap, and whatever else... im going down the root of induction with a full decat;)
Best performance will be from head/manifold work plus an SMTP etc. (talk to BenR and Andi at GDI for prices but Id guess about £800 for manifold + smpt for ~185hp. The same money on decat exhaust + ik will get you about 175 Id guess.

Induction kits + exhaust gains will be much less £ for £ plus you run the risk of running the engine lean (not good).

But induction + exhaust have more noise which some people prefere.

The warently can only legally be refused if the mods are proven to be the cause of the failure by Renault so no need to worry.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

welcome to the club.... good bunch of lads and lasses here..... sure you will be made to feel welcome

Andy

GDI

Did you make any decisions on modifying your Cup.

By the way great decision hey! I replaced my Impreza Turbo 2000 7 months ago for the 172 Cup and defo no regrets. Halved insurance costs, no more servicing every 7.5k and no more being in Panic mode as the petrol needle rapidly falls over very few miles!! Not only that cars depreciate far too much these days for me to want to spend a fortune, I had the scooby 3 years from new and had to accept 10 and half grand for it! and I was gratefull as most trade ins were talking 8 grand and it was an absolute minter. Even if the cup looses over half its value in the same time the price I bought it for will still only mean a loss of 5 grand which aint bad in this day and age. However most important off all the Cup is far more enjoyable to drive IMO and not too much speed lost.

Anyway back to my original question, have you made any changes to the Cup and what did you find out in your research were the best options for Exhaust, Filter or ECU

Cheers, Chris

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Welcome, nice choice with the 172 Cup. I hear they are almost as good as the grandaddy Clio Williams.

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 06 July 2004

Welcome, nice choice with the 172 Cup. I hear they are almost as good as the grandaddy Clio Williams.
its a great choice mate, and i dont even need to worry about going outside and hoping my old banger will start!! lol warranty and stuff eh!!;)

as for the mods,m ive put on a viper induction kit and magnex cat~back exhaust..slight noticeable difference in throttle response and induction noise...still to stick on the apex springs and quickshift, then its either the rsport ECU or a decat/smt6 remap..