ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi from so far :)

Hi Gals & Guys,

First of all many many comps for the very interesting Forum :D

Im Adriano from Naples Italy, one of the happy owner of a Clio 1.8 16v Kat 94 tuned using a K&N air filter, a new Eprom (crappy), an OMP strut brace, 4 Koni Sport shock absorbers (yellow series), Eibach springs (-30mm), TarOX brake discs and pads, OMP hidraulic hoses, Birba dash boards, Momo clutch and steering wheel (Champion) and much more.

Here follow a picture of my babe got during a trip in Amsterdam:

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/file.php?image=1058903505__mycar.jpg

silver valver/hybrid

hello and welcome! you have to upload the pictures to the internet before we can see them, see the pinned topic, shows you how to use the cliosport uploader.

Thank you for your welcome Guys,

Im really pleasd to stay in this Forum, there are a lot of useful info, this is for me the best one on the net :cool:

Please,

which is the most common set of wheel/tyres used on this car in GB?

In Italy the situation is really crazy, and infact Im using a stupid 195/50/15 on the original Vega wheels, but I hope to go really soon with a new set of 7x15 alloy wheels.

Adriano

Not a Clio

Quote: Originally posted by The Doors on 22 July 2003

Please,

which is the most common set of wheel/tyres used on this car in GB?

In Italy the situation is really crazy, and infact Im using a stupid 195/50/15 on the original Vega wheels, but I hope to go really soon with a new set of 7x15 alloy wheels.

Adriano
Hi, I have 205/40/16s on League alloys on my valver.

Si.

Not a Clio

they were already on the car when i bought it, mate. Theyre in fairly good condition so im leaving them on.

Si.

Well in the case is really the best set ;)

Youre really lucky, in Italy is really a pain to change the size, especially with Renault which does not provide the nulla osta :mad:

Thanx,

Adriano

Thak you very much for yours so hot welcome :oops:

any one in here from so far?

Adriano
hello mate welcome to the club, i think the furthest away from the uk is between one member in the US and one in South Africa but not sure which is furthest :oops:

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 22 July 2003

Thak you very much for yours so hot welcome :oops:

any one in here from so far?

Adriano
hello mate welcome to the club, i think the furthest away from the uk is between one member in the US and one in South Africa but not sure which is furthest :oops:
Thanx for your Info,

I cant imagine a Clio on a US Freeway :D

adriano, i think the guy from the US has a laguna and is generally interested in renaults, but like you say a clio on a highway with all the big yank tanks would be funny

My mothers side of the family is Italian, my grandparents lived close by in Positano, i used to love going to the Almafi coast when i was a child.

-Rob

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 23 July 2003

adriano, i think the guy from the US has a laguna and is generally interested in renaults, but like you say a clio on a highway with all the big yank tanks would be funny
Much safer than a Clio in US :p

Onestly I didnt know which Renaul cars was present on the US market as many other EU cars.

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 23 July 2003

My mothers side of the family is Italian, my grandparents lived close by in Positano, i used to love going to the Almafi coast when i was a child.

-Rob
Thats cool Rob,

Positano is one of the most beautiful place around Naples as Capri or Sorrento, are you planning to come back for vacations? it would be nice to meet you :D

Adriano

Yes its very nice, but unfortunately my grandparents are no longer with us so the last time i went was 3 years ago. If Cliosport wants to give me an all expenses paid trip as an ambassador of the club id gladly go!

How many people have Clio 16vs over there then, are they rare?

-Rob

Quote: Originally posted by JLOW on 23 July 2003

Not sure if this is right its been a while

Ciao ed il welcom al club, lautomobile piacevole
Thanx JLOW :cool:

the right translation is Ciao e benvenuto al Club, but I dont understand the second part of the phrase, dou you want to say the Pleasant Car?

Nice Car, havent spoken or written in Italian in years, sorry my translation was always terrible I should have paid more attention to my nan.

Quote: Originally posted by JLOW on 23 July 2003

Nice Car, havent spoken or written in Italian in years, sorry my translation was always terrible I should have paid more attention to my nan.
No probs at all JLOW, you need only of some practice, nothing else ;)

I really appreciate your italian welcome

Quote: Originally posted by RobFenn on 23 July 2003

Yes its very nice, but unfortunately my grandparents are no longer with us so the last time i went was 3 years ago. If Cliosport wants to give me an all expenses paid trip as an ambassador of the club id gladly go!

How many people have Clio 16vs over there then, are they rare?

-Rob
Im really sorry to hear about your grandparents Rob, but we know which this is the life.

The Ambassador way seems really good, even if I doubt the Club will agree, but it is worth trying :D

Not too much in the last years, but still a good number considering the crazy price of gas in EU :( in Italy is 1.05€/liter!!!

Quote: Originally posted by The Doors on 23 July 2003

Im really sorry to hear about your grandparents Rob, but we know which this is the life.
The Ambassador way seems really good, even if I doubt the Club will agree, but it is worth trying :D

Not too much in the last years, but still a good number considering the crazy price of gas in EU :( in Italy is 1.05€/liter!!!
Cant be anywhere near as much as we pay for petrol(gas);)
In england they would put a tax on taxes if they could get away with it!

Anyway Hello and welcome to the club i used to have a valver similar to yours until it had a close encounter with a stationary object (skip):sick:

I will be in Monaco next year honeymoon type thing, so if your still a member then i would consider meeting up but i wont have the clio. Probably a hire car (Ferrari or something;)) Will be visiting Florence, where is that in relation to where you live?

P.S. The Doors are my favorite band still and the film with Val Kilmer in is quality!. Is your forum name a reference to the band or something else?

Quote: Originally posted by Scribbler on 23 July 2003

Ummm.. they already do! They add a new car tax to the manufacterers price and then charge VAT on top (I think), as well as taxing petrol and putting VAT on that as well! Sneaky b******s... :confused:

Quote: Originally posted by Scribbler on 23 July 2003

Anyway Hello and welcome to the club i used to have a valver similar to yours until it had a close encounter with a stationary object (skip):sick:

I will be in Monaco next year honeymoon type thing, so if your still a member then i would consider meeting up but i wont have the clio. Probably a hire car (Ferrari or something;)) Will be visiting Florence, where is that in relation to where you live?

Well, Florence is ~500Km far from Naples, but a meetting in Monaco would be nice, especially for the Autobahn ;)