ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi I'm New!

VW Golf
Hi just thought i'd join becuz i fancy a 172/182, i had a nice clio 1.4 few yrs bk and was probably the only car tht never went wrong, surprisingly, im sellin my golf gt tdi and i fancy something small and quick for a bit, can anyone guide me in the right direction on what i shud be looking out on these cars ( common faults etc..) i have about £2-3k ish to spend if that will get me anything, any help wud be much appreciated.:rasp:

RS 182 CUP
welcome mate. before you buy one make sure timing belts been done, expensive job otherwise. bit cheaper on a 172 cup though

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome to CS. You can pick up a cheap cup or a really nice PH1 for that sort of money.

As said, belts should be priority. Id get it done no matter what just for personal peace of mind. Theres always some good examples for sale. Dont rush in and by a shed.

Sam!

VW Golf
Welcome to CS. You can pick up a cheap cup or a really nice PH1 for that sort of money.

As said, belts should be priority. Id get it done no matter what just for personal peace of mind. Theres always some good examples for sale. Dont rush in and by a shed.

Sam!

Cheers, just in the middle of sellin my car, so hopefully get 2k ish for it and have a bit saved up so around 3k ish to spend! ill just keep looking!