ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi-Level Input Help

Skoda Fabia vRS

the pre outs on my HU arent working atm, would i be able to run a sub/amp setup off a hi level input, before i get em fixed

ive looked at some suitable amps and they all seem to have a hi-level input

i currently have my 6x9s hooked up on hi-level and ampd and it sounds fine

I run my entire system of hi-level inputs and have no probs at all. It all sounds fine just means a bit more wiring! some people say it reduces sound quality but you would need to be a perfectionist to noticwe in my opinion.

Yes I have front and rear hi-level inputs going into the amp which is 5 channel. This powers front and rear mids and tweeters and a sub in the boot.

Skoda Fabia vRS

wicked, how have you got that amp setup then ?

can you choose to just filter the sub channel ?

Skoda Fabia vRS

also, could i run my 6x9s on there amp, and a sub on a seperate amp, both feedin off my rear hi-level wiring ?

It was a little while ago that i did it but if I remember right the amp does all the filtering itself with an output for the sub. As for running two amps off the one hi-level input Im not sure. I would have thought that you could split the input into the two amps but I dont claim to be an expert!

Skoda Fabia vRS

yea im hoping you can, i think it would possibly half the signal though and both might end up sounding crap

anyone know ?