ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HIC!

172 M69 eater

i cant say enough how good these guys are!! I could not get near their quote of 500 quid (fully comp!! @ 19!!), everywhere else was lookin for 1000+ (TPFT)!!!!

welll worth tryin if ur cars quite heavily modded!!

also addidtional mods and induction kit and exhaust allowed with no extra cost!! its only wen u chip the car they start askin questions!

lad i spoke to was called james but they r all cool ppl!!

patty

H22A7 Accord Type R

........i really really hope they give me a good renewal price in the next few weeks :) Rob

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

HIC are often mentioned on here, can someone please provide a phone number and website for them! Cant find it anywhere!!

Si.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

dont be tempted just cos their cheap!! I did and now wishing I never done buisness with them!!

My gripe isnt with HIC but they are only brokers to Highway insurance, who are useless.

Lee

BMW M2C

Can you elaborate a little please norfolkminis?

I got a very good quote from Greenlight this week, who offer a good rate to CS members. I see from the quote that this is with Highway Insurance?

At the moment Im with the AA, who want to put my premium up £400 this year, wanting £1462.00 off me. Most places want around £900 but Greenlight/Highway want £604.00 To good to be true is stuck in my mind.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Lee M: I was involved in a no fault head on crash in August. I struggled to get any responce from the claims people always getting put on hold for 5/10 mins at a time!!

They offered me well under the value of my car ( I know insurance comps do this) I sent in proof the car was worth more. They lost it!! and never phoned me up to ask for more. They even said i didnt send it, even though they had the covering letter. They finally put me through to the assessors to negotiate direct after asking 5 times!! I finally got the price the car was insured for.

3 years ncb are still being held by them until liabilty is all sorted and no doubt they wont be in touch with me, and ill have to do all the chasing up again.

I certainly wont be using them again after my ncb are returned.

A friend of my brother has also had problems with HIC ie taking them to the ombudsmen sp after problems with his policy.

Ive had dealings with directline before and they paid up and it was all sorted with in days not 6 months down the line

They did me a great quote on a Valver.. seriously very low.. like, £500 less than the best!

... but they wont quote me on a Williams.. so.. I dont think Ill end up going with them.

Lee

BMW M2C

Thanks for that mate. Lots of people had commented on the price, which is of course important but not as important as the service.

4 and a half years ago I had a total loss while insured with Barclays. Within two weeks they had paid up in full, and more than the car was worth.

I think Ill be sticking with one of the big boys as usual.

While were on the subject, does anyone know Performance Direct measure up, they quoted reasonably and seemed to understand what they were talking about?

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

Seems to be the chance you have to take when after modified insurance. Ive also heard bad things from Ad.Flux

Hopefully you will never have to claim, but its all the idiots out on the road these days you have to watch!!

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by norfolkminis on 14 February 2004

Seems to be the chance you have to take when after modified insurance. Ive also heard bad things from Ad.Flux

Hopefully you will never have to claim, but its all the idiots out on the road these days you have to watch!!
Mine is about as modified as it will get, so its not too hard to get a quote. With or without exhaust and filter they still hit me hard. Check this thread out: http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=69548&PagePosition=2http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=2&TopicID=69548&PagePosition=2

Either way, Id rather pay for peace of mind.

I had a phone quote of Tesco which was okay, Im going to run one online as that gets me a 10% discount, Ill then phone them and get them to ammend the online quote, adding the exhaust and filter, then process it on the website saving me a few quid. In theory.

I would never insure any car with HIC, greenlight and all the other so called cheap brokers for a car worth more than a grand because highway will try like hell not to pay out and if they do i bet you wont get anywhere near the value you insured it for and obviously they dont have enough staff, otherwise they would have to put up premiums to pay for them. If your cars less than a grand then its worth it because you can just cut your losses by accepting a low pay out and with the money you saved on the premium might add up to the cost of the car.