ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID Foglights

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, they're H7 I think.

People have melted the reflectors using silly temp bulbs though. I'd be careful. :eek:

Clio 182
i thought it was H11 for the fogs on an RS? I've seen some people use LED bulbs with great results. Much less hassle too!

How many hours in a day??

H11 for fogs and H7 is main beam

No point going for HID's tbh, the way the lamp is made it will still only light up a few feet infront of you.

As for LED bulbs they will give you p**s all light but will look better when you drive round with sides/fogs on like a badman

Ford Transit
Yeah, H11 fitment for 182's. We've just supplied a set of our LED fogs to a lad called Kris on here, he may have possible posted some photos up, they banish the standard Halogen look and are 'Ice White'. Safe enough to use everyday, not too over the top either, like HID's would be.

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Yeah, H11 fitment for 182's. We've just supplied a set of our LED fogs to a lad called Kris on here, he may have possible posted some photos up, they banish the standard Halogen look and are 'Ice White'. Safe enough to use everyday, not too over the top either, like HID's would be.

Are they road legal?

Yes aslong as they are white.

Seeing as front foglights are not a requirment for a vehicle there is no specified light output.

LED ones will be a bit s**t for anything other than styling but tbh regular halogen foglights do p**s all as it is.

Ford Transit
Are they road legal?

Yeah, absolutely fine fella. As Simon said, foglights arn't great as standard, so people who replace their foglight bulbs with a set of LED's are going for styling more than practicality. Having said that, the LED's are far brighter than Halogen, and clearer, so what little visibility you have with foglights will be improved due to this reason.

Kris' 182 during the day, running our LED fogs.

249369_10150230023197714_35215757713_7130273_1733574_n.jpg

Yeah, absolutely fine fella. As Simon said (LOL), foglights arn't great as standard, so people who replace their foglight bulbs with a set of LED's are going for styling more than practicality. Having said that, the LED's are far brighter than Halogen, and clearer, so what little visibility you have with foglights will be improved due to this reason.

Unless you put purple ones in like I did last year :L

Fog lights are an epic waste of space. Never used them on any car I've ever owned. By the time it's foggy enough to warrant using them, they make the situation worse. Putting charver HID style bulbs in them is worse than fitting a bonnet bra.

Seat Ibiza
Fog lights are an epic waste of space. Never used them on any car I've ever owned. By the time it's foggy enough to warrant using them, they make the situation worse. Putting charver HID style bulbs in them is worse than fitting a bonnet bra.

LOL! I've never understood the bonnet bra thong either tbf!

But the pic above doesn't look too bad. But then again I rarely use main beam and never use fog lights apart from trying to blind people that think it's gangsta to ride with sides and fogs!

That is all :)