ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID H7 main beam - blue light stuck on

BG182 FF
Hi everyone

Today I fitted a H7 HID kit to the main beam. They work correctly, however when I just have my dipped beam on, the blue light is on the dash.. anyone had this problem? Loose wire maybe? Any resolution?

I won't have these glaring all the time, just down lanes so the main beam it's really bright. I have standard ds2 demons in the dipped projectors for road.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
HIDs in the main beam aren't the greatest tbh.

The warmup time isn't good, and the drivers don't like to be flicked on and off constantly - hence why BiXenons use a moveable shutter rather than a second bulb.

However to answer your question, usually it's a case of a bad earth causing a back feed into the circuit.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Non standard bulbs have a history of messing around with the cars electrics (especially led bulbs), I imagine the main beam warning is staying on for this reason unfortunately.

Assuming everything was fine before you fitted the hid kit then that's all that can be causing the problem really, I'd personally pop the old bulbs back in to prove everything's ok and then it's up to you whether you use the hid kit.

I've always found standard type bulbs to be more than adequate so I can't comment on whether the is any way around the main/dip beam light on the dash I'm afraid

Clio 182, V8 Landy
Had this problem a couple of weeks ago. As above, non standard bulbs cause problems. Chuck some good quality halogens in (Philips or Osram).