ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID issue

E

escotty90

Hi guys

Right... i have just recently fitted a HID (8000k) kit to my Meg R26 and they look ace "WHEN" they are working.

The problem is that the drivers side light keeps playing up and dosnt always turn on, especially when the auto lights come on when starting the car.

So i trouble shooted the issue and swapped the balast boxes round from corner to corner to see if it was them causing the problem. How ever the problem still persisted on that same side (drivers side)
Frustrated as hell and fed up of being pulled by the police for having a light out i decided i wud ring the company i brought them off to see if they new what it could be.
They sed they have had this problem alot with cars running auto lights and said it was common manly with BMWs and that it was a to do with the instant power not being enough to charge the balast box. They also sent me a replacement bulb to see if that was the problem.

I fitted the bulb and surprise surprise it still is playing up. The odd thing is that 9 times out of 10 if it dosnt come on first time round and if u turn them on and off manually it cures the fault and the absent light comes on.

Soooo has an one els suffered this problem and if so is there any ideas of how to resolve it? maybe some trick or tweak to add in the wiring to help it power up?

Cheers

Ed

P.S apologies if you have already read this on the Megane forum.

RB FF 182
I had this problem on my 172, one of the bulbs wasn't working. Swapped ballasts, still happened, swapped bulbs round as well, still happened.

In the end I bought a new ignitor, sorted it out. Was only about £15 off eBay, I also got my self some new 8000k bulbs... although saying that with a conversion kit i'm not sure they'd have them...? Have you tried using it without auto lights?

E

escotty90

I had this problem on my 172, one of the bulbs wasn't working. Swapped ballasts, still happened, swapped bulbs round as well, still happened.

In the end I bought a new ignitor, sorted it out. Was only about £15 off eBay, I also got my self some new 8000k bulbs... although saying that with a conversion kit i'm not sure they'd have them...? Have you tried using it without auto lights?

Cool

What and where is the ignitor?

Ye iv got 800ok bulbs too. It work 90% of the time when u switch them on manually, it has bin known to still not work tho and iv had to switch them on and off to get them to work before. Just really inconvenient and iv bin pulled for it to.

RB FF 182
Sorry it took me a while to reply.

The ignitor on the OE xenons is attached on to the bottom of the bulb. Well not attached but it locks on to the base.

I tried to find the kit I used on my old 1.2 to see if it had them. I can't find it. To be honest I can't see it having ignitors.... Not sure though without seeing it!

I'd ask for your money back... Was it an expensive kit?