ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hid Kit for my fogs?

ph1 black 172
what would be the point?

fog light are fog light because they are better than your standard head lights when in the fog.

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
hey bud i bought some for mine while not HID they give the same look, if you go on ebay and search for the store xenon_lights or Xenons_uk something like that they do some for clio's afraid i cant remember what they were though, hope this helps

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
what would be the point?

fog light are fog light because they are better than your standard head lights when in the fog.
I think you may be wrong there, they are positioned lower than normal headlights because they light up the road rather than dazzling you (effectively a bit like snow blindness) by using more lights higher up.
Front fog lamps provide a wide, bar-shaped beam of light with a sharp cutoff at the top, and are generally aimed and mounted low.[10][11][12] They may be either white or selective yellow. They are intended for use at low speed to increase the illumination directed towards the road surface and verges in conditions of poor visibility due to rain, fog, dust or snow. As such, they are often most effectively used in place of dipped-beam headlamps, reducing the glareback from fog or falling snow, although the legality varies by jurisdiction of using front fog lamps without low beam headlamps. Use of the front fog lamps when visibility is not seriously reduced is often prohibited (for example in the United Kingdom), as they can cause increased glare to other drivers, particularly in wet pavement conditions, as well as harming the driver's own vision due to excessive foreground illumination.[13]
The respective purposes of front fog lamps and driving lamps are often confused, due in part to the misconception that fog lamps are necessarily selective yellow, while any auxiliary lamp that makes white light is a driving lamp. Automakers and aftermarket parts and accessories suppliers frequently refer interchangeably to "fog lamps" and "driving lamps" (or "fog/driving lamps"). In most countries, weather conditions rarely necessitate the use of fog lamps, and there is no legal requirement for them, so their primary purpose is frequently cosmetic. They are often available as optional extras or only on higher trim levels of many cars. Studies have shown that in North America more people inappropriately use their fog lamps in dry weather than use them properly in poor weather.[14]

EDIT: do you often drive in fog or snow?

1.2 16v Black Stealth Rep
Im sure theres a kit you could use for the fog lights?
Cause i know someone with a hid kit including the power thingy for his fogs.
my cars a clio mark 2 phase 2

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I'm convinced fog lights these days are purely a fashion statement/penis extension. I had them on my old Clio. Made f**k all difference in the fog.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
awaits the "ive just been pulled and fined for driving with my fog lights on" therad...

Chelsea tractor
What's the point in HID fogs? I think I've only used fogs about 5 times since I passed my test. 4 of those were probably in Switzerland ;)

I just like the look of the colour really 6000k looks really good, ive seen it on a clio sport.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
but your not going use them? so you wont see the difference?
:S

Ive decided not to get them!
It hit me that it was gonna turn my car into a Chav-mobile! LOL

Clio 172
i bought some osram night breakers for my fogs as one had blown. a part of my way to work at 7 in the morning is 50% of the time very foggy (between coalville/whitwick and copt oak if anyone knows it). These bulbs seem to be quite good. i would only use them in the fog though, even then they dont seem to make much difference to visability.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
awaits the "ive just been pulled and fined for driving with my fog lights on" therad...

Oh, it'd be beyond perfection to see some silly tw@t getting pulled by the Cops for using fog-lights as a fashion accessory.