ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID Xenon CONVERSION KITS

Bus w**ker
I've just got some, gonna fit them tomorrow if it's not f**king raining. Not got them off that guy or that make but they are all pretty much a sameness.

Only reason I've got them is because the OE lights on my Ph1 f**king suck. It would cast more light using candles.

Anyway don't forget that fitted HIDs to a car that didn't come with them as standard is illegal...

JJT

1.4 16v Dynamique+
I've just got some, gonna fit them tomorrow if it's not f**king raining. Not

Anyway don't forget that fitted HIDs to a car that didn't come with them as standard is illegal...

how come? obviously an mot failure then?

P

Philpott

so if were going to stick them in trophy what would i have to do

Bus w**ker
I doubt you'd have problems, but if you do happen to come across an anal tester you do run the risk as they may now that the model didn't come with them as standard, won't self level, have the right lens or possibly washers. But if you have projector lamps, which I'd guess you do, you should be fine especially as the 182FF came with Xenons as standard.

You could always just remove them though come MOT time...

To fit them you would basically plug them in and mount the ballast. Simples.

White Sti Hatch
You can fit them but come MOT time you may fail, will prob also find youll get flashed a s**t load by on coming traffic.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I've got them in non projectors and haven't been flashed once. Just set them up properly and they are fine.

S2 106 GTI
Fitted a set in my trophy, set up in it is fine - No one has flashed me as they have been set up correctly. My friend is an MOT tech and he looked at them and said they are fine!

They say your supposed to have headlight washers and auto leveling etc... but as long as they aren't shining up to blind other road users they will pass no problem!

Trophys didn't come with projector lenses

S2 106 GTI
so the lenses in your trophy would be the same as mine? mint.

yep! same as the 172 cup too... I will take some pics later at ngt and put them up.
When I fitted mine I did the ful bumper off job, headlight out etc....to make a neat job from it.

Bus w**ker
When I fitted mine I did the ful bumper off job, headlight out etc....to make a neat job from it.
That's my plan for tomorrow. Did you have to cut anything from the back of the headlight to fit yours, for the wires and shiz?

S2 106 GTI
Just had to mod the holder to make sure all the wires passed though the holder the cliped the holder in the back of the headlight got a few pics of how I did the change - pics to follow

S2 106 GTI
Leave yourself 'PLENTY' of time!! I thought it was going to take a couple of mins to fit - turned into a few hrs!

I decided to remove my headlights totally as the Air Con pipes were in the way and it was going to be a tight fit :dapprove:

-Jacked car up
-Removed BOTH front wheels
-Removed both arch linings - Just pull the bungs out and there are 2 Torx screws underneath near the splitter
HIDsandOrbisoud009.jpg

HIDsandOrbisoud010.jpg

HIDsandOrbisoud011.jpg

Once I had these out the way I could see the bolts which holder the bumper on - Also 2 underneath where the under tray is

The bumper is a two man job! you need to pull the bumper ends out to the side then pull towards the front of the car and it sould drop off! you need to pull hard though!!

**Also remember to undo your screws for the grill as this comes off in one piece with bumper!
HIDsandOrbisoud012.jpg

how the bumper is held on
HIDsandOrbisoud006.jpg

HIDsandOrbisoud005.jpg

HIDsandOrbisoud003.jpg

HIDsandOrbisoud007.jpg

once this was off you can see the headlight bolts which hold them inplace - just undo the wiring to bulbs and pull them out!

With the headlight in your hand you can see how the bulb is held in place and what you need to do.
HIDsandOrbisoud002.jpg

Bulbandfilter003.jpg

Bulbandfilter001.jpg

HIDsandOrbisoud001.jpg

This is what I did to the holder (taken from HID4u website)

Connect the HID in the back of the headlight (make sure its a good fit!! or you will have trouble getting to it again! and will have to do the process again)

Put headlght back on car and connect all wires up making sure the Ballast is in a secure place and all wires are out of the way.

Same with other side...

**Try them out! just incase something has worked loose or not connect correctly

If all is well - re-attach bumper and away you go!

Thats how I did mine, may differ from different models of clio.

3 Series touring
so am i right in thinking that theres no wire cutting or anything like that going on?

and come MOT time you can just put the normal bulb in?

S2 106 GTI
yep! no wire cutting - just 'plug and play' as they say! but if you get them set up right and are not blinding other road users they will be fine. Mine aren't dazzling to on-coming traffic.

3 Series touring
any night time pics?
seriously considering these, and in refrence to the OP , anyone actually got the £53 set from that thread?

head stories of HID's dying after like 2 weeks and no one bbeing albe to get a refund (think thats usually if you order the from china though) feedback appreciated

Renault Clio Dynamique
Does anyone know what bulb fitmint I will need to put into my 1.2 with 172 headlights?

Bus w**ker
I've just fitted mine, that I got from renclio. Piece of piss TBH. All done in under an hour and no f**king about at all. Loads of room for the ballasts under the headlights.

I'll get some shots tonight.

Mental 172 Cup
HIDS4U now do anti glare HID kits for standard halogen lamps! How well they work I dont know but worth a try :)

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
I've got a HID conversion kit from my old corsa C.

I've now got a 182 and im wondering if i could fit the HID kit into the Full beam to compliment the xenon dipped beams.

If this is possible, would be awesome for night/country lane etc driving !

Cheers

Last edited:
  Bus w**ker
Would depend on the bulb type of the kit you have for a guess. If it's the right bulb then yeah I can't see why not, but I doubt it would last long if you do a lot of flashing, with your lights not your knob :rasp:.

I've got a HID conversion kit from my old corsa C.

I've now got a 182 and im wondering if i could fit the HID kit into the Full beam to compliment the xenon dipped beams.

If this is possible, would be awesome for night/country lane etc driving !

Cheers

Unless your old Corsa's dipped beam fitment was H1, then no.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You can source the lamps seperately from hid4u. So say if you needed a H1 hid bulb, order it, and it will work with your old ballasts. So yes you can!

Also if you type in strathy in the discount code box, it'll save you a chunk off too ;)

You can source the lamps seperately from hid4u. So say if you needed a H1 hid bulb, order it, and it will work with your old ballasts. So yes you can!

Also if you type in strathy in the discount code box, it'll save you a chunk off too ;)

wow that code does save you abit! :) Thanks!

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST

Right, i've given this a go, but when you go into the HID bulbs, it comes up with a list of: D2S, D2R etc bulbs.

Bit confused, theres a H1 xenon bulb, is that what im looking for ?

Also i think my corsa bulb fitment was H7 so i dont think im gonna be able to use the existing bulbs...

Cheers for the help guys :cool:

It all depends on what HID kit you have though, some are more complicated to change than others. I'd need to do a bit of wiring to change the bulb on mine.

Right, i've given this a go, but when you go into the HID bulbs, it comes up with a list of: D2S, D2R etc bulbs.

Bit confused, theres a H1 xenon bulb, is that what im looking for ?

Also i think my corsa bulb fitment was H7 so i dont think im gonna be able to use the existing bulbs...

Cheers for the help guys :cool:

Again, it depends what kit you have. If you have an HIDS4U kit, they supply new bulbs in every fitment. E.G here : http://www.hids4u.co.uk/replacement-bulbs-for-pro-plus-kit-c-26-p-1-pr-129.html