ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hids

2x Clio mk3 1.5dci
Im not entirely sure what lights the 172 has if there the same type as the mk3 dynamique s head lights (sort of ball lense) mine fit strait into the same fitting with the 2 connectors just attaching to the HID unit instead of the bulb. The only issue with them is getting the wires past the water seals on the back to stop them steaming up a bit of silicone sorts that though. justjust

2x Clio mk3 1.5dci
Just make sure you buy the right bulb type HID's sorry i think im thinking of the newer one to yours but even so if you get the right type then it shouldnt be a problem.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
you will require the projector style headlights from a proper 172/182 ff otherwise you will blind everyone you go near.

you will require the projector style headlights from a proper 172/182 ff otherwise you will blind everyone you go near.

This.

You can get HID kits that fit straight into your reflector headlamp, but all other road users and people on here will hate you, unless you get projector style headlights.

:)

Mental 172 Cup
Just buy 172 Xenon Headlamp Units, plug and play and look worlds different to the crappy hid look in the halogen lamps..

Mental 172 Cup
Yep will be fine. Technically an MOT failure but so is HIDs, your more likely to get away with Xenons..

As above. If you have washers and self levellers, they need to work.

If they're not there, they can't test them so they can't fail you for it.

Mental 172 Cup
I think you'll find it's a 'grey area' which means if the MOT tester is an anorak then you might be in for trouble, most of them don't know the difference between a tealite and a halogen bulb which means you'll probably be okay.. I have never had a problem.