ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

high idle

renault clio 1.4 16v
hi guys

my car is idling very high sits at 3000rpm and can do up to 5000 at times

it also is accelerating by itself which is a pain . a couple of times its gone into idle mode but when I restart the car it goes away and idles high again

I've had a look and cleaned the throttle body and it seemed to fix it for a day but its just gone back to its old ways

if any of you can help me that would be great as I do quite a lot of miles and I just look like a yob sitting at traffic lights .

Mini R56 JCW 211bhp
Should be a vacuum line attached to the throttle body which it sounds like has split or come loose. Am new to these engines so not 100% sure on the location but that would be my first point of checking.

renault clio 1.4 16v
if i do have a icv where can i find it?

and the vacuum pipe is on the top of the throttle body but i can see where it goes it dissapears down to the bottom of the drivers side head light

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Have you taken off the upper inlet recently? If you've not set it right the idle will be high

renault clio 1.4 16v
yeah i took it off a while ago but it was doing it on and off for a while. now its just constant high revs. and i took it off to clean the throttle body and put it back and it was fine for a day and then went back to the way it was.

and where does this gasket go under the TB?

where does the vac pipe go tho? there isnt anything wrong with the pipe that i can see but i dont know where it goes since i cant see under the headlight

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
It goes here:

20130050852_b624eeb45b_z.jpg