ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High impedance injectors

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Suggestions... guide to injectors?

Can i get injectors that are too big?

Got an f7r on cams circa 170-180 bhp installing omexecu so now need High impedance injectors.

what would the idealsize be?

What items can i use off the shelf?

for example..

Volvo T5 315cc High impedance injectors?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Megane F7R will do you. I've got a couple of sets. good enough for ~190

F4R stuff won't physically fit as it's Pico size (short)

HBT 172 Cup
No point, you will hurt the mapping resolution which may adversly affect low throttle useage and ideling. Of course this is dependant on the type of injector and how modern it is (there are large modern day injectors that have very good short duration characteristics). You would be able to salvage this if the OMex has adjustable injector resolution (not sure if it does).

Just buy injectors to suit you spec with a modest amount of head room. i.e Meganne injectors.

Im pretty sure green giants wouldnt fit the fuel rail anyway.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Andy at KTR suggested Green giants... but thet are what 440cc? Which i think is OTT for my current state of tune

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Saab or vauxhall injectors fit too, thats what I run on my F7R.
Xe ones are good for about 220bhp, LET ones for 300bhp, Saab turbo ones for 300BHP

As they are fairly quick modern injectors then having them "too large" isnt really a problem as they'll still manage to idle ok etc, in fact my Nova idled find even on 1000cc injectors (was originally going for E85 till morissons stopped it)

Are you going to have a cat? If not then resolution really is basically irrelevant to you as emissions is the only thing you'll notice it have an effect on.

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
Play nice FFS

Only plan to run a cat for MOT purposes lol

which cars injectors should i be looking for on ebay then?

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
21 turbo injectors any good to you? Got a set you can buy for a few quid if they're any good?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Calibra turbo has let injectors of course and that passes mot for same age vehicle with 500cc cylinder volume just like you have.