ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High milage 1*2's

182 Trophy
144k here.

It gets abused daily, and in 6k miles has cost me a fair bit in belts, gearbox, brakes and suspension refresh.

I do not care about the mileage - the engine is about the only moving part left anyway. It makes them impossible to sell, though.

Before I spent money on the suspension refresh, I had it up for a tad under £2k and had zero interest. (I'd have preferred to spend the suspension money on changing cars if I'm honest).

I'm now of the opinion that I'll keep it forever for track/competition use.

J_K

Ph1 172
I've only had my 172 for about a month but I know its previous owner well and in the 4 years he had it nothing outside the usual things went wrong, sure it takes a little bit of care but once its looked after they seem to be fine, I've 132,000 miles on the clock now and the only way you could tell from looking at the car is the manky steering wheel.

120d M Sport
What about the clutch / gearbox? How long is that typically good for? See a few round the 90k mark having had gearbox refurbs done.

I might be looking at a ph1 with 107k on the clock, on original clutch and gearbox. My worry is an imminent bill for those two, regardless of how well it may have been looked after.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
With any car of any age or milage you take a chance, if anything go wrong put it down to 'sods law'. You pay the money and take the chance. Mine has got 90k and it drives spot on, no knocks, crunches etc.