ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High mileage cups

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Thinking of buying a high mileage cup 140k has been looked after with service history and just had belts done
Price wise what are peoples thoughts?

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I'd be far more worried about service history, crunchy gearboxes and rust than miles. When looked after these clios will do very high mileagea

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
Thinking of buying a high mileage cup 140k has been looked after with service history and just had belts done
Price wise what are peoples thoughts?
Remember the one I used for Sprints and Hillclimbs. That had done over 170k miles, was bog standard and when I put it on the rollers out of curiosity at efi it still had 160bhp.
Serviced and belts done it wouldn't bother me.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
My BG is on 140,000 miles now, is used daily 365 days of the year and is as good as my 80,000 RB.

As above, condition, service history and corrosion are priorities over miles. £3,000 - £3,500 if it's a nice car.

Not worth buying if it's rough as lots of parts are now NLA and good quality parts are really hard to get hold of should it need any.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Would buy on condition, service history and number of owners over miles any day

I would still consider a rough Cup if it had fairly low miles tho, because they're increasingly sought after.

You can repair mechanical issues, but you can't take the miles off (without someone noticing)

2010 clio rs200
I would still consider a rough Cup if it had fairly low miles tho, because they're increasingly sought after.

You can repair mechanical issues, but you can't take the miles off (without someone noticing)
👀