ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High performance tyres on a 1.2?

MK3 Sport Tourer TCE
As the title says, are high performance tyres like PE2's and F1's really worth the extra on a 1.2? Are they really going to get the same amount of abuse?

Just want people's opinions on the subject :rasp:

1.6 16v
True, Tyres are the only thing allowing to to stay on the road. Cornering and breaking will improve too :D

Steve

Agree with all this - it's not just about laying down power, it's about having control in situations that are rapidly taking a turn for the worst! lol

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
ive got proxes on my clio, makes so much difference you wouldnt believe, best buy for my car.

got toyo proves t1-r on my car, could notice the difference immediatly compared to the budgets i had. Car dosent slide out on roundabouts at all now.

Breaking A 172 Replica
What size rims do you have?

I have some toyo T1r-s in 205/45/16 fitment. Can do you an excellent price.

PM me if interested

Sam

a burnt one
I bought Toyos a wee while back, cant remember if they are t1-r or t1-s, whichever is the newer tyre i got.

The person who fitted them said " i take it since you are buying these you wont be driving slow so i've increased the pressure a bit"

I dont know if its that or just the tyre but they arent a patch on my Yokohamas, even after 20k miles the Yoke's still handled better.

I keep meaning to put the pressure back down but im a lazy git.

That and the fact that there has been 3 or 4 dry days in the 3 months i've had them means grip has never been great, the time summer weather comes they will be worn.