ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High-pitched electircal noise

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Fitted ph1 sport seats to the car yesterday, everything fine, driven it a few times. Then...

Get in the car to drive back from a mates and get a high pitched noise, which gets higher/louder as i get higher in the rev range, same when in neutral.

First thoughts are bad earth?? Too many wires to close to something??

Oh btw, i have a sub and amp in the boot, and some 6x9's on the rear shelf

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I don't see why it would be? The stereo has been in for around 6 months, always been fine. The only changes i have made recently is to unplugg the sub from the amp, and unplugg the 6x9 shelf (just spade connectors) to put the new seats in and then plug them back in.

Mine does the same thing, is it more pronounced at 3krpm? Apparently it's something to do with one of the Aux pulleys. Mine's done it since I bought the car (8months ago) and it hasn't developed in to anything more serious. Famous last words. lol

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Mines only a 1.2, and if i turn the stereo off it makes no noise, but if i just turn the volume down or pause the track it still makes it. Must be something to do with audio, but I'm just stumped as to what?

Mines only a 1.2, and if i turn the stereo off it makes no noise, but if i just turn the volume down or pause the track it still makes it. Must be something to do with audio, but I'm just stumped as to what?

Ah right! That's a strange one :S

You've not been playing shite music through it have you? lol:rasp:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hahaha, no shite music here sir. I did have a quick check but its dark. I've gotta drive all the way to camden now with an annoying noise in my ear (the missus) and this bad connection!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
friends car used to do this .. was a radio / speaker issue. Will ask him what he did to resolve it.

Have a feeling he sold the car in the end haha !

Monaco 172 (02)
If you have your AUX/Power/Renote lead all going down the same side of the car then that can cause it. Happend to me.

Re routed the Aux down the other side of the car and hey presto noise stopped.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Thing is I have not moved these leads in years, just added some wires for 6x9's which is bridged off the rear speakers, so why would it start all of a sudden?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Nein, any idea MT? I've just got the 6x9's running instead of the rear speakers... these were wired in for about 3 weeks before with no problems, then i took the seats out and put in sport seats, this meant unplugging the shelf and my sub but that was all?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Fixed this today, turned out to be me not plugging the 6x9's back in very well on the bulb connectors.

This resulted in some interference from having open metal connections so close to eachother (less than 1mm apart) took apart and plugged back in properly, solved.