ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Highway Insurance- scam

R35 GTR
I am not happy with their customer service at greenlight either, wont be with them when I renew even though directline are slightly more expensive.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini
i've had the pleasure of dealing with these cowboys. Needless to say I never recommend them to anyone.

Highway are underwritters for companies such as HIC,AA,Greenlight,Elephant?? to name just a few.

you've been warned.

Flux usually use them - they are eeeeevil.

I have specifically asked this time round not to go with Highway - people on the other end of the phone must think I'm odd but I just explain that they're crap lol

Mk2 Golf GTI
White16valver said:
correct iirc.

They do however underwrite for just about everyone else it seems!

Especially two of the big modded car insurers, flux and HIC.

I'm with HIC...

Like has been said, if you're honest it wont be a problem.

Helps if you read the terms and conditions before signing the declareation too ;)

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
>> Throws the insurance quote I just got from them in the bin..... >>

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
insurance is such a pain in the fooking arse!

they will think of any excuse not to pay up!

they make so much money from us younger drivers!
you would think theyd want to look after you a bit to keep custom!

eg im 23now bin driving only 4yrs,but because of changing ins comps i only have 2yrs no claims!
you really do have to read into it!
i payed toomuch in my clio172turbo! £2200! then i went and got 6points!
now i have to drive a f**king fiat cinq 898cc!
w**k!

lol

Feeeeel the power! :clown:

And Day - even when you do read the T&Cs, they still wriggle out of it. I don't think I've heard a good word about the way they deal with people...

ph1 172
I have been driving nearly 3 years without any accidents. somebody asked me how many of my friends havnt had an accident and out of about 20 i could name only 5 hadnt. so thats why we pay so much. Hopefully soon that fact that i havnt made any claims should start paying off...

you can be honest and they will still try and wriggle out of it. depends on the claim. if you wipe out a bus stop full of children the claim is going to be rather large and they could have somebody working on wriggling out of it for weeks and still save money.

My insurance company told me that im not covered for drink driving (fair enough) but i wonder how long it will be before they dont cover you above the speed limit?

Ford Mustang 5.0
Dave3141 said:
I am not happy with their customer service at greenlight either, wont be with them when I renew even though directline are slightly more expensive.

Dave

If you are experiencing any problems i'd be happy to get involved and sort them out for you mate.

PM me your policy reference and a breif discription of the issue and i'll get right on it.

Being a broker we also deal with a number of other insurance companies (12 to be exact) so if you were concerned about using Highway come renewal we could source a quote from one of the the other underwriters.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

Ford Mustang 5.0
stevo172-250 said:
eg im 23now i only have 2yrs no claims!

i payed toomuch in my clio172turbo! £2200! then i went and got 6points!....now i have to drive a f**king fiat cinq 898cc!
Stevo

What were the 6 points for. £2200 sounds mega bucks for a 23 year old with 2 years NCB.

If the 6 points were for anything other than No Insurance then i'm pretty sure I could get a really good quote for you on a 172.

I would expect a Clio 172 with a Turbo Conversion to come out about £800-£900 for 23 year old with 2 years NCB.

If you would like us to provide a figure for you please complete your details on our website www.greenlightinsurance.com and i'll e-mail you back a price.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

Perhaps Neil could answer this for me.

I want to know that if my tyre blows and I end up crashing into a tree will I be covered?

Last edited:
  Ford Mustang 5.0
Day said:
Perhaps Neil could answer this for me.

I want to know that if my tyre blows and I end up crashing into a tree will I be covered?

If you are fully comprehensive cover with one of our insurers then Yes of course you would be. It would come under the accidental damage section of the policy.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Neil, thats good to hear but to quote the letter that was sent to the guy on the mazda forum:

We are now in full receipt of the full fire report which states that a fuel pipe came lose while you were driving and that it was spilling fuel as you were travelled and that the fuel ignited as you indicated to pull in to the lay by.

At this point we can confirm that problems caused by mechanical failure such as this are not covered by the terms of the policy and we would therefore be unable to cover you for this event.

How is this any different?

Regardless of the other circumstances in the case of the mazda (which I agree could - if proved mean they are in their right not to pay out), this section of the letter states that the damage caused as a result of a mechanical failure are not covered.

Surely whether it be the failure of a fuel line or a tyre, that statement and yours above contradict each other?

Ford Mustang 5.0
Nik said:
Neil, thats good to hear but to quote the letter that was sent to the guy on the mazda forum:

How is this any different?

Regardless of the other circumstances in the case of the mazda (which I agree could - if proved mean they are in their right not to pay out), this section of the letter states that the damage caused as a result of a mechanical failure are not covered.

Surely whether it be the failure of a fuel line or a tyre, that statement and yours above contradict each other?
Without knowing the full facts of the mazda case I couldn't comment on why he hasn't been paid as the policy is not insured through us.

If the Mazda was insured through us and we had the customers permission I could investiage in more detail and list the exact reasons why Highway are refusing to payout.

I'm sure you understand that I would prefer not to pass comments on a case that is insured with another broker (especially only hearing the story from one side)....afterall we wouldn't want another broker passing comments on our handling of cases.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

Last edited:

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Yep, fully understand your position Neil, thanks for the reply though :)

neil@greenlightinsurance said:
Being a broker we also deal with a number of other insurance companies (12 to be exact) so if you were concerned about using Highway come renewal we could source a quote from one of the the other underwriters.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance
everyone - This is the case with most people I have phoned - they are happy to quote from elsewhere if you don't want to go with someone, so do ask if you want to! :)

Neil - bit of feedback for you!

I did get a competitive quote off Greenlight but it was with Highway. When I asked not to go with Highway the bloke was quite insistent that it would all be fine and that all correspondance would be done with yourselves, which is fair enough and should be pointed out if that is the case, but he seemed reluctant to even entertain my idea of going elsewhere. It's for this reason that I didn't ring back in the end I'm afraid.
I can only guess that perhaps other insurers were nowhere near the Highway price and he may have felt I would have been disinclined to have gone with them, but I would have preferred to know! Us customers are a strange breed so sometimes we ask strange things that we'd like entertained ;) lol

Ford Mustang 5.0
White16valver said:
everyone - This is the case with most people I have phoned - they are happy to quote from elsewhere if you don't want to go with someone, so do ask if you want to! :)

Neil - bit of feedback for you!

I did get a competitive quote off Greenlight but it was with Highway. When I asked not to go with Highway the bloke was quite insistent that it would all be fine and that all correspondance would be done with yourselves, which is fair enough and should be pointed out if that is the case, but he seemed reluctant to even entertain my idea of going elsewhere. It's for this reason that I didn't ring back in the end I'm afraid.
I can only guess that perhaps other insurers were nowhere near the Highway price and he may have felt I would have been disinclined to have gone with them, but I would have preferred to know! Us customers are a strange breed so sometimes we ask strange things that we'd like entertained ;) lol

Highway also offer the best modified vehicle policy out of the insurers we use (like for like cover, optional agreed value and optional track day insurance). If Highway were the cheapest my colleague may of been struggling to find reasons to justify charging you more for less cover ;)

Everyone in our office is now aware of the post on the Mazda forum so if customers express a convern regarding Highway they will be in a better possission to understand your concerns and offer advice/alternatives accordingly.

I would like to stress the point that Greenlight are an independent broker and not affiliated with any insurer so our advice will be geared to finding the right policy at the best price with the best benefits.

Any questions please feel free to contact me at work on 01277 263030 and i'd be happy to help or answer any queries you may have.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

R35 GTR
neil@greenlightinsurance said:
Dave

If you are experiencing any problems i'd be happy to get involved and sort them out for you mate.

PM me your policy reference and a breif discription of the issue and i'll get right on it.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance
cheers mate, I am more than happy to go with whoever having speaking to Tony earlier.:D Especially if he the rough quote he said is what you offer me.;)

edit: would like to ask a question:
The way i understand it is, if we claim, you are fighting/claiming off the person who backs the insurance up.e.g.Highway on our behalf.

Do you lose money if we claim from you?

Last edited:
  Ford Mustang 5.0
Dave3141 said:
cheers mate, I am more than happy to go with whoever having speaking to Tony earlier.:D Especially if he the rough quote he said is what you offer me.;)

edit: would like to ask a question:
The way i understand it is, if we claim, you are fighting/claiming off the person who backs the insurance up.e.g.Highway on our behalf.

Do you lose money if we claim from you?

Dave

Yes I passed the details to Tony the senior partner and he wanted to give you a call and expain that you had nothing to worry about.

We are a Broker so we don't have to pay anything when you claim. We get paid a commission from the insurer for placing the business with them in the first place and processing the documentation.

The insurer are the one who pay the claims.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance

IBIZA 1.9 FR TDI
I forget do brokers have underwriting licences or not?

"I would like to stress the point that Greenlight are an independent broker and not affiliated with any insurer so our advice will be geared to finding the right policy at the best price with the best benefits"

If you do have an underwriting licence then you know your not allowed to give advice, the FSA doesnt like that.

Ford Mustang 5.0
Liverpool_Nick said:
I forget do brokers have underwriting licences or not?

"I would like to stress the point that Greenlight are an independent broker and not affiliated with any insurer so our advice will be geared to finding the right policy at the best price with the best benefits"

If you do have an underwriting licence then you know your not allowed to give advice, the FSA doesnt like that.

Your question still doesn't make sense.

We (Greenlight Insurance) are authorised and regulated by the FSA to give advice on general insurance so not quite sure what you are getting at?

For your records our FSA approval number is 306467 you are welcome to contact them and verify we are authorised to give advice on general insurance.

What capacity do you work within the insurance?

Perhaps you would care to clarify where you get your information from as it does not seem to be correct.

Effectivley what you are saying is Direct Line, Admiral and Elephant etc... (FSA licenced underwriters) would be unable to give advice to their customers on insurance?????:S

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight

IBIZA 1.9 FR TDI
Im well aware that your approved you'd have a hard time trading if you weren't. Your only allowed to give fact and not advice as its seen as influencing the customers decision which is an FSA breach.