ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HiToyo R1r/Yoko AD08

Currently I'm choosing my next summer tires for 172, size 195/50r15. It will be either some normal UHP street tire, preferably Pilot Sport 3 or Potenza RE002, or some road legal semi-slicks (as in title, R1r or AD08). And here is question to those who use semi slicks on daily drivers - when choosing semi slicks, should I worry about significantly increased fuel consumption ? I'm aware of increased rolling noise but that dont bother me that much.

Thanks in advance ;)

Track 172 Cup
I have AD08r and don't have a problem on the road not noisy and even though they were on it when I bought the car and they're right on the marker (not sure how many miles they have done) I will be finishing them off on track in nicer weather but I have just bought some PS3 in 195/50/15 for about £47 each to use on my first couple of track days which will be Jan/Feb so expecting poor weather which is why I chose road tyres over semi-slicks/track bias tyres as I will more than likely be driving it too and from track and the odd blast out as it's not my daily driver.

I think it depends how many miles your doing as I can't imagine getting more than a few tthousand out of semi-slick as opposed at least double depending on driving style and track days.

Also there is some PS3 in the for sale section with wheels but they only have a few hundred miles on it and seem a good price.

Last edited: