ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Nankang NS2 (road tyre) and NS2-R (trackday tyre) Review

Great write up.

I have just bought the NS2R in 195/55/15 (street so I believe 180)

I have done 60 miles and think they are great compared to other "big brand" road tyres that I have had on clio's before.

I couldn't break traction in the dry and on the road I pushed hard (within reason) and would have to drive like a complete tool (which I won't) to find the limits on the road.

I was worried as I had ordered 55's by mistake but they fit my 182 running cooksports and 172cup shocks fine. I haven't noticed any difference with the exceleration (gearing up).

To think I was going to spend 50% more on each tyre for a "big brand" I am very happy with my decision.

I haven't used NS-2's on the Clio but I have had them on other cars.

They are not as good as premium tyres, but for the money they are very good.
I found the compound pretty hard, so they do lack a little wet grip. The upside is that they would cope with a track day without overheating too much and they wear well.

Compared to most budget tyres they are in a much higher league.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Got NS-2's on my 17's on the Mk3 been great value for money.
They don't compare to the premium tyres by any means, but I have got several trackdays and 15,000 miles out of a set before the fronts needed changing. The rears went on for longer.

This is in a 1.5 DCI though, so it's not scrubbing off at the same speeds as the RS clio by any means.