ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hitting the streets - candids

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Hello all, just thought I would share some pictures over a few days out around London.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

img9168u.jpg

Ian

Focus TDCi
Eyup, where've you popped up from?! :) Excellent photos pal, especially the first one. Never had the guts to try candid shots myself. What setup are you using? Canon 5D with 85mm f1.8 and 300mm f4L?

Edit: just been on your website too, liking the work you've got on there.

Last edited:
  Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Eyup, where've you popped up from?! :) Excellent photos pal, especially the first one. Never had the guts to try candid shots myself. What setup are you using? Canon 5D with 85mm f1.8 and 300mm f4L?

Edit: just been on your website too, liking the work you've got on there.

I registered AGEEEES ago, just forgot till recently. Im usually with a Beemer or Corsa forum.

Its not that hard, just snap while people do not pay attention. Well I suppose it does involve a bit of gutsy shots at time.

I used my 5D classic with the 85 1.8 and a 1D classic with the 300 f4L.

Got loads ill be sharing over the next few days.

I am on Flickr also - http://www.flickr.com/photos/31584547@N05/sets/

Slowly uploading more and more as I go along.

F'in awesome

Ian

Focus TDCi
Sounds like a sweet setup! Wish I lived in London tbh, those walkabouts sound like just what I need at the moment. Added you on Flickr anyway pal.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Excellent pics! Especially like the 1st and 2nd. 4th one down Camden by any chance?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Just realised I've seen some of your work on TP before, strange how everyone ends up in the same places.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Ill add ya on Flickr later.

Luke, close but it was Brick Lane. Love it since there is more going than Camden IMO. Both good areas. :)

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Thanks all. Not too sure why these shots would make you want to get a Leica since they were all with a Canon. :)

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
hehe nahhh.
first pic is my fave, captured him in a moment of peace by the looks of it
Thanks.
suppose, an overpriced film camera will take a better picture than a 5d in these sorts of situation. makes perfect sense
I really fail to see how considering I have two film bodies sitting right beside my digitals.

Even at ISO400, film yields more grain that on digital, instantly affecting your IQ. The only time I can agree with you is if you mention high contrast black and white film.
Spot on pictures :).

Thanks. More to follow.

suppose, an overpriced film camera will take a better picture than a 5d in these sorts of situation. makes perfect sense

Obviously never used a Leica. Also, if I was to buy a Leica, it wouldn't be film. You also seem to have missed my point as to why a Leica would be the ideal camera to use in this situation.

Cupra
Lovely shots. Must be tricky to get a candid shot when waving a large piece of white drainpipe around at people.

Megane 230 F1
Gah - Lucky people and your 5D's... The pictures are great - I seriously need to get my 300D out and about more often. Just ordered a 50mm F/1.8 for it so looking forward to using that at the weekend.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
Lovely shots. Must be tricky to get a candid shot when waving a large piece of white drainpipe around at people.
Well at 300mm, its tricky. You just have to be pretty quick or just wait till they look away.

Gah - Lucky people and your 5D's... The pictures are great - I seriously need to get my 300D out and about more often. Just ordered a 50mm F/1.8 for it so looking forward to using that at the weekend.
I saved quite a bit for mine. I really had to work hard for it and im glad I did. My wallet did suffer. :(
nice. but how do you take pics of people without them knowing
Just be quick. Its easy in London since theres a lot of people. 50mm would be the shortest I would go. I tend to pretend im pointing at someone or something else.
Use the handy hidden in a towel trick lol

hiden.jpg

Helps if you have a long zoom, if I started pointing my 18-55 in peoples faces i'm pretty sure it wouldn't go down too well!
I need to try with the 17-40. Not sure how tricky it could be.

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
To be honest, not much.

I just adjust the colours I see fit then tweak the contrast. Usually brighten up the exposure then add a touch of vignette to bring it back.