ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hmmmm. Which dampers with Eibach springs?

I understand Eibach are considered to make the best springs, but which brand of dampers would go best with them on a mk1? Thanks

Also, if there's an option should I go for standard or low type damper with the Sportlines?

Last edited:
I'd quite like to go for Koni Sport shocks, but some websites say they can only permit lowering of up to 35mm, while the springs go 45-50. Koni do 'shortened' shocks for lowering further, but don't seem to cover my car. : (

Any ideas?

SchwepTek™
Sportlines go 30mm max and i know a few people running Konis with them fine. Thats 1*2s though.

Thanks for the replies...., eventually ; ) lol

Need this sorting out as quick as, cos Adrian Fux is harasssing me for final specs and don't want to be stuck with stock suspension or a £80 'mid-term insurance upgrade fee'!

Its a 1996 Clio mk1, ph 2 clio, 1.2L

According to europerformance here:
http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pa...renaultclio&manufacturer=eibac&sub_category=1

it says:

Lowers Front: 45-50 mm & Rear: 30 mm

(although clearly it doesn't lower rear (torsion bar) so may not be true?)!

but MotorSportWorld has:

Application :Clio A 1.1, 1.2, 1.4, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9; 01.91>08.98 45-50/30mm
Details :Lowering Front/Rear = 45-50mm/30mm
Axle Load: Front = 770kg Rear = 685kg

30mm max isn't much up front - thought I could just get by with 45mm. I have the most common (cheapest) dimensions 15" alloys & stripped interior, so it looks like it needs dropping 3 inches (not cm) atm!

Last edited:
As they say on Crimewatch, please leave some information, however insignificant it seems.

I've left this a bit late I'm afraid, but I have 1 opportunity to discuss things with my mechanic Sunday morning and a week to get stuff ordered and fitted.

I'll number questions to make things easier. Please answer even if you know the answer to one!

1. a) How much will Eibach Sportlines really lower a '96 mk1 ph2 with the right shocks? Is it 30mm or 45-50. Conflicting answers from different websites.

2. a) How much will they lower on stock suspension?
b) Is there a reasonable chance my 'average condition' stock shocks can last a year or two with these springs?

3. a) The Koni struts are advertised as being able to be lowered to 35mm max. If the springs can lower to 50mm and I use the Koni shocks, what will happen? Mismatch / waste of money or great ride?

Answer dammit! (please, thank you!)

Last edited: