ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hole in sump quick fix

SQ5
Anything quickly I can do just so I can get my car around and into my garage out of the car park?

Cheers

audi a6 3.0tdi
just get a tow rope and ask someone nicely to tow you It'd be easier than risking the engine

SQ5
Less than 10mm, little circle out of the sump, on the edge to the right of the plug. Got to drive it about 1/4 - 1/2 mile.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i drove my mrs old punto with exhaust paste covering a hole in her sump, its leaked a bit but did 60 miles on it.

SQ5
I am fixing it myself, just not liking it parked up in my car park at night and want to get it into the garage which is around the corner, albeit 20 steps from my back gate.

Not got a welder so can't do that. I'll probably just tow it then!

E63, 172 track toy
JB Weld!!

i know a guy who has used it successfully to modify inlet ports. dyno proven!

ph1 black 172
im guessing it has no oil in it as i always thought that the instant metal had to have clean surfaces and no oil/dirt etc for it to bond.

also how would you tell if it blew out before you got home.

just tow it. like you say its through the high street then up 2 hills so you wont have to do alot of braking.