ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

home cinema: surround sound

Z4
I've given my pops some cash for crimbo to put towards surround sound, I thought there might be some deals in the sales or something.

Can anyone recommend anything? Budget of circa £200.

Cheers

Z4
I picked up the following just before Christmas:

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/530743/PANASONIC-SC-PT170EB-K

For the money I think it is superb - great bass, optical in (for Sky/Games console) and various other inputs.

Sure there's plenty out there that offer more but with HDMI upscaling and the brand name to go with it I would highly recommend it :)

Cheers mate, he's already got a recordable dvd player that upscales that will probably be used tbf but that will deffo be considered :)

Any more?

Clio 172
cant go wrong with an Onkyo htx 22hd, its a 2.1 system, sounds fantastic, £230 at richer sounds sale at mo, or superfi. Got mine hooked up to sony tv, sky+ box and ps3, best £230 I ever spent. Can upgrade speakers SKS-11 for an extra £60, to make it true5.1.

BMW F21 125d
I've got the Sony DAV-DZ260 and its a great piece of kit, only really entry level at £115, but it does all I need it to, 5.1 system, looks to have been replaced by DAV-DZ280 at £198 on Amazon.

Octavia vRS
I picked up the following just before Christmas:

http://www.comet.co.uk/shopcomet/product/530743/PANASONIC-SC-PT170EB-K

For the money I think it is superb - great bass, optical in (for Sky/Games console) and various other inputs.

Sure there's plenty out there that offer more but with HDMI upscaling and the brand name to go with it I would highly recommend it :)

I have just ordered this with my panasonic tv once i have it will let you know what its like. :) looks really good for the money

a burnt one
Is there a system that is wireless? I'm a bit of a technology dumb ass and know nothing.

I want surround sound but dont want wires over the living room or the hassle of hiding them.