ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home cinema

Personally, I'd go for an amp/speaker/sub set up, rather than a 'Home cinema' kit.

This way, everything plugs into the amp (console/DVD/Sky) then 1 HDMI goes from the amp to the TV.

I'd recommend Onkyo (biased), and you can get a pretty decent starter pack for around £350 (This one). This one has v1.4 HDMI, 4x HDMI ports and 5.1 surround. You can always upgrade the speakers/sub separately at a later date (the true benefit to having an amp).

Mito Sportiva 135
I sort of agree with CJ but home cinemas now usually have a wide mix of inputs - mine has 4 HDMI inputs for example so Xbox goes straight in, and the Bluray player is integrated into the player too.

Like most things though depends what your needs are and how much you want to spend mate...

clio 182 black /gold
Well ATM i have a Blu Ray player and an Xbox also Virgin media,s Tivo box. I have a Philips HTS 3357 surround system which is phono connection. I can connect the tivo via Scart and Phono cable. I can,t connect the Blu ray player or the xbox. I tried to connect the Blu ray Via COAXIAL DIGITAL IN but it sounded bad and crackly. So i was after something which does it all. Either a new surround system or go for an amp as said.

clio 182 black /gold
Oh i,m going to get a pair of Mission floor standing speakers for the rear surround on it. Not sure what model they are yet.