ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home Sharing Q's

1.8 Civic EX
Just to see if anyone else has tried this already or not..

I plug my iPhone into a dock which is connected to the home stereo, switch on home sharing and get it playing. Works a treat etc streaming the music from iTunes on the laptop.

Question is, can I then use a second iPhone with the Remote app to then change the tracks etc that are being played to save having to disturb the one thats in the doc?

Also does the home sharing work for movies and photos too? I've not tried/noticed yet.

Mine be a bit irrelevant but I have the little airport express and it works such a treat I can't praise it enough. Wireless speakers and wireless printing :star:

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
I have the airport express aswell and it's great basically works like a router and you can connect your speakers and printer to it. So this allows you to stream music from iTunes wirelessly through your hifi.

1.8 Civic EX
So the music comes from your laptop and runs through your stereo via your iphone, what app you using?

The standard iPod one. If iTunes is running and you have enabled hone sharing, got to more and it's in there.

I'm all sorted now thanks to another app that u have which allows me to turn the laptop on/off via the phone so I now have the laptop hooked to the home stereo/tv