ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Home studio kit?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Im really keen to have a go at some studio work, so many of my mates are pushing out sprogs id love to do some new born shoots.

Im bamboosled and no idea what to look at, i dont want to be spending a fortune but i want it to look professional, anyone do/ done anything like this?

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Yes....buy cheap buy twice!
I used Quadras- excellent light quality, portable and fast flash duration. I like Elinchrom and Profoto.

Lencarta safari looks good.
You also have to factor - stands, brollies and soft boxes.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Oh and don't get wrapped up in wanting to "look professional"...... Let your images to the talking not the look of your equipment.
Most pros look like smelly piss stained tramps anyway, usually with battered gear....I know I always did.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
having a play with a friends baby this weekend ( that sounds wrong) was going to hire a studio but the guy wouldnt let me use his lights in the £75 PH price tag.

got some nice ideas and they have a really lovely light extension so im hapong to get some good results

Cayman S Edition 1
I have Elinchrom dlite 100's, a lencarta ringflash and various paper roll backdrops. To be honest I only use the ringflash now as I shoot glamour 99% of the time.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well got 2 lots to do this weekend, a 9 month old on sat and a 3 month old on sunday, quite looking forward to it but the images in my head i imagine will be quite different in reality