ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Homefront

Astra SRI/ Hornet
It does very much look like a BC2 mod from that second clip.

D.

aslong as the movement is as good as COD ill be happy with bc2 graffics etc. the market is open for every1 else now COD failed to deliver. ill get killzone 3 and this.

Isn't this the one that you'll have to pay to play online?

Terrible idea if it is. Me getting stupidly mixed up if it isn't.

Nah, I'm sure I heard about it for this too..

--
ah, - I was nearly right. Kind of..
Multiformat shooter will cap level progress for second-hand buyers unless they cough up $10.

Upcoming multiformat shooter Homefront is to make use of publisher THQ’s Online Pass in its multiplayer component.

The Online Pass is THQ’s response to increasing second-hand game sales. New copies of the game will contain a single-use code that unlocks certain content, in this case the bulk of its online multiplayer.

Without it players can still experience the multiplayer component, according to Shacknews, and will be able to play on all available maps for as long as they like, but with progress capped at level 5. Those who purchase the new game – or pay a $10 fee to THQ for their own Online Pass – can rank up to a maximum of level 75.

Edge

Last edited:
  Astra SRI/ Hornet
So basically the greedy c***s have thought of a way so that they always get there money. Lol I'm sure we'll have to pay to breath soon. Lol then there will be holding control pad tax and actually being able to see the game tax.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I love the idea, in America ect... but looks a bit weird, be good to see what it's like though.

Civic Si
EA already charge for multiplayer and online access for 2nd hand games.

I'm all for it. The developers make far less on each game sold compared to retailers and this is there way of making up for it by getting some cash from the 2nd hand market.

If it keeps them pumping out great games then its all good!

I'll be getting this if it gets decent reviews, it does look pretty swish in the trailers!
its not out for a while so the Bulletstorm and Crysis 2 demo will have to keep me entertained for a bit! think they are out tomorrow aren't they?

Last edited:
  Fabia VRS
Hmm... it will be like mag well hyped up and end up pretty w**k ..

Pretty much as most games are coming out like nowa days

Bus w**ker
Out on the 18th and available from Bee.com for £29.99 delivered (both 360 and PS3). Also 6.06% cashback through topcashback.co.uk or 6% through quidco.com. :)

Evo 8 Jap Crap
IGN Review

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1155631p1.html

Homefront is certainly one of the most unique shooters I’ve ever played, driven by an ingenious and surprisingly well-fleshed out plot and a dark and dreary, realistic setting. But it also controls and feels like a typical shooter, looks like a game that’s several years old, and most importantly, has an inexcusably brief campaign. Multiplayer is Homefront’s redeeming quality, and those gamers out there who are like me and swoon for alternate/future history settings should certainly look into it.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Totally Gaming Network Review 9/10

http://www.totallygn.com/2011/03/12/homefront-review/

Overall, Homefront is a fantastic game. It was one of my most anticipated titles for the first half of 2011 and it didn’t disappoint. Kaos has created a great shooter and, hopefully, a great new franchise. For those who haven’t done so you should also check out the Homefront novel. I finished reading it before playing the game for this review and it helped me understand some of the back story for the title. The novel covers the events before the game and it gives you the origin to the “Voice of Freedom” among other things. If you are a fan of the first person genre than Homefront should be in your collection

Computer and Video Games Review 8.6/10

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/293372/homefront-review-xbox-360-ps3-pc/

Big claims here!

Verdict
At times, too creatively conservative - but an engrossing, cleverly realised shooter with CoD-beating multiplayer.
Uppers
bullet.gif
Refreshingly domestic environments
bullet.gif
Stunning last mission
bullet.gif
Some very cool set pieces
bullet.gif
Intelligent enemy
bullet.gif
Well defined NPCs
bullet.gif
Outstanding multiplayer
bullet.gif
Little campaign 'filler'

Downers
bullet.gif
Team-mates are plebs
bullet.gif
Too much hand-holding
bullet.gif
Short campaign

Bus w**ker
My copies been dispatched this morning, hoping it turns up tomorrow. Read some people crying on about it but most complaints are down to the short 5 hours campaign, which TBH doesn't bother me that much as it's all about MP for me, or the fact that the number one selling game in the world right now crashed all the dedicated servers lol.

Will see when it turns up and if it's s**t I'll sell it on, hoping for the opposite though and the live MP stream I was watching last night looked like hectic good run and gun fun.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
THQ have taken quite a big hit financially due to the poor reception. I didn't expect it to be anything brilliant tbh, as Front Lines was average at best too

Bus w**ker
I've played two hours on SP tonight and have to say I've really enjoyed it, if I had to guess most people slating it are comparing it to COD which it's not. Play it in it's own right and it's a good gritty game with so far a great story line.

Multiplayer, when you can actually get on a server, is insane. Really fast paced and hectic, the in game battle points thing is a great idea and the purchases can really help turn the game around.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've played two hours on SP tonight and have to say I've really enjoyed it, if I had to guess most people slating it are comparing it to COD which it's not. Play it in it's own right and it's a good gritty game with so far a great story line.

Multiplayer, when you can actually get on a server, is insane. Really fast paced and hectic, the in game battle points thing is a great idea and the purchases can really help turn the game around.

It's a shame that every FPS has to be MP focused these days. I think we've seen the end of the days for a truly genuine, engrossing and lengthy SP campaign mode. Crysis was probably the last of the big hitters on PC - even if the SP mode for BC2 and MW2 were really enjoyable for me.

D.

RS250 Megane
It is a massive shame Campaign modes don't get any time and attention these days.

I remember the original Call of Duty/Medal of Honour Campaigns on PC.
Absolutely awesome, makes me want to re-install them.

Bus w**ker
I get bored easily, so for me a short SP isn't really that big of a deal as the longer ones just end up with levels that feel nearly identical to an earlier one. What I do miss from SP days o' old is the big boss at the end of the level :(.

Oh and for anyone that's after Homefront you can get it for £4.96 at Tesco when you trade in other shite games such as Black Ops or Dead Space 2.

full-pogo-2___987037.png

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
5 hour SP? No thanks!

I only play SP games nowadays, <3 stories, hate 12 year old children screaming at me down a microphone

Nimbus Megane R26
hmmm was gonna get this on ps3 or pc tomorrow but not so sure now..think i'll wait for abit dont wanna waste money like i did with MOH