ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hopefully picking up my 172 this weekend

Golf 1.8 20 valve GTi
Been looking for a nice example of a 172 for a few weeks when i came across this one, its a 2001 on a X-plate 80k miles with full history,

The fun part is that its been to a place called Hill Power (any one heard of it?) and is now 192 bhp at fly wheel,

Agreed to pick it up on saturday so ill be posting pics on here when i get it

BMW E46 330i Touring
Hill Power's pretty well known on here. Must have had some work for 192 at the fly.

EDIT - just read your other thread... I'd be fairly surprised if that returns 192 at the fly, but full credit if it does. Regardless, it'll still be nice. :)

rps13
it has a loose gear linkage, and be careful. It has downpipe problems and there was a bad batch, they just keep munching downpipes

BMW E46 330i Touring
^ Not quite sure whether this is a generic '172' comment or in reference to this car in particular?

Golf 1.8 20 valve GTi
i was meant to be going to pick up a 172 yesterday off a guy in lemmington spa (about 130 miles from here) rang him on friday night to make sure it was still ok to set off after i finished work on saturday at 12 he said it was fine,

Saturday dinner i rang him & got no answer, tried a couple of times but still couldnt get hold of him so i sent him a text asking for his postcode so i could set off, got no imediate reply so went to fill girlfriends yaris up ready,

Tried to ring him again from the petrol station and still no answer so i sent another texy asking if he still had it or not & got a reply back saying sorry but some one came round and bought it about an hour ago!!

I was a bit :mad: :mad: :mad: is the polite way of putting it!!

Anyway i dont think ill be getting a 172 now as ive just been offered a mint 206 grand tourisme with 35000 on the clock & 1 owner from new for £1800 by the peugeot dealership that our company that i work for owns:D

A Flamin' Red one
That's a real shame mate :(

This 206 sounds rather tempting but have you driven it? I learned to drive in one all those years ago and even then I knew it was poor! I ended up finishing my lessons and doing my test in my Punto!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Sounds like the 206 is a bargain, but having owned one for 3months...the list of problems they suffer with is endless.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Ive not driven my Ph1 for about a month, took it a quick spin today to get the engine get a bit of a run out, cant beleive how stiff the clutch is compared to my bro's ST.