ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hotmail sending spam

Mountune Tractor
Get rid of your hotmail account, that's what I did. Changed over to googlemail and never looked back.

Yaris Hybrid
Here is an interesting thing.

I received a spam email message from my friends Hotmail. She assured me her PC was secure and she didnt have key loggers and had no idea how this happened.

NOW GET THIS

Today I had an email from an old Hotmail account that I haven't used in ages! So there is no way any details could have been obtained from a keylogger as I simply haven't typed it in for ages.

I logged into it and my password hasn't been changed and I can see from some delivery failures that they have emailed everyone on my contacts list. My password and secret question are totally random though so no way a group of spammers could have guessed it.

So looks to me like Microsoft have a very huge problem here as somehow their customer accounts security has been compromised...

lift number 1 @ btm
i have the same thing at the moment, it has happened twice in as many weeks.
the first time i gained over 300 new contacts and the second time over 200.

the other strange thing is that there are no emails in my sent folder, even though i know people are recieing emails from my address? i am also getting delivery failure notices though..

after the first instance i changed my password and had only been accessing my inbox via my phone, so i don't see it can have happened again unless there is a problem at hotmails end?

Yaris Hybrid
Yeah I mean if you are sure you don't have a key logger or anything then something is going on here.

As I said they have obtained my email address and password via some method other than a keylogger or phishing scam but no way in a million years will MS admit they have been compromised...

Fact remains I havent used that addy since 2006!!!! Explain please Microsoft, I am all ears!

lift number 1 @ btm
it is definately not a logger with me, i changed the password on the pc at work.
so unless my phone has been hacked something else is going on!

all i know is it is bloody annoying!

Yaris Hybrid
Just had ANOTHER spam mail from another friend and she is very tech minded and no way has a logger so it looks like something big has happened.

Suzuki Ignis
Get rid of your hotmail account, that's what I did. Changed over to googlemail and never looked back.

I did this, however all the good address' for my name are taken :( Tried the forwarding from hotmail thing but it was slow and didnt send all my emails over.

Yaris Hybrid
hardly i can send a mail to anyone from anyone just because it says it has come from someone doesnt mean it has

Can you put a copy in their sent items?!?!?

These guys can!

Also they are only sending emails to the persons hotmail contacts so it isn't just simple spoofing.