ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How can you not like the 200?

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Thats whats so great about it! You see all these gorgeous concepts that they never go ahead with. But renault did. It doesnt help they released the Vel Satis at pretty much the same time, made them both a flop. But still design classics. I would love to own one, just because its not boring, its something different. Avan is french for ahead, therefore Avantime, ahead of its time ;)

GTD, Lupo
I love them. Only 6 days till i pick mine up. Went and had a look today as it turned up and was washed.

IMAGE_020.jpg

Way more eye catching than a 197 and as it has been said out proforms it on all levels.

Paul

172 clio ph1
I think I like it... its a bit like when the new scooby came out.. I hated it with avengence.. swore I could never ever want one... till I test drove it.. but seeing as I fancy the f1 clio I am not sure I would have one..although I really do think it looks good in white. ( but then I have a thing for white cars)

I am not all that bothered about how the car looks if it does everything else I want as long as the interior is good... as thats all I see.. :D and why are people moaning about the front.. isnt the rear the only part you want to show other drivers.??? ;)

Turbo LY R27
I love em, think they look awsome tbh. Ive always liked em but seeing a few more in the flesh has def got me interested! Ill wait till the end of line run and get one.

Artic Blime 182
I never noticed the side strips, mirrors and handles were in black too - looks a bit tacky tbh.

Front looks.......... different, i will agree with crazy chick dont like it but it will grow on me like the new scooby.

172 clio ph1
That's one ugly hot hatch. :(

sure if you go back to posts about clios in 2001 same things were being said about the newer shape.. always happens when people change things. It either grows on you or doesnt...

but if we all liked the same thing life would be so so dull. :D

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I love them. Only 6 days till i pick mine up. Went and had a look today as it turned up and was washed.

IMAGE_020.jpg

Way more eye catching than a 197 and as it has been said out proforms it on all levels.

Paul

Is that at Wests?
Centre caps are still crap;)

Renaultsport 200
Its a capable, utterly sh1t to look at car, especially in white or that bogey green colour.

Sorry, its gash

impreza sti prodrive
personaly looks shat from every angle, the arse end looks bare & wrong front is just ugly us fook looks lyk a citroen c1.

After hating it like the plague, i'm starting to grow to it. But there would be a few things I would have to do to it straight away if I got one....

Vinyl wrap the front end the same colour of the car.
Colour code the side strips
Get an exhaust the fits the rear diffuser flush.
Colour code the side strips.

I know you shouldn't have to spend more money on a new car, but I feel that it would transform the car!

Barge
Needs silvervisions. PMSL.

I like it, but I doubt I'd ever buy a cup version, too poverty spec. I'd just upgrade the chassis and add recaros to the "full fatter".

impreza sti prodrive
doing what nick sugested would actualy transform the car. mite be a good idea that actualy, maybe clip off the headlights & tint the silver backing too.

ITB'd MK1
looked impressive on track, but damn that front is ugly. White looks nice, alien green is a grower i think, but DAMN that front it UGLY

I think that if it had different wheels it would look better, the ones on it look like some cheap 'halfrauds' wolfrace jobbies.

M2 Competition
I really like it :D

I remember when the 197 came out the exact same threads appearing saying how it was ugly... now people love them.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Needs silvervisions. PMSL.

I like it, but I doubt I'd ever buy a cup version, too poverty spec. I'd just upgrade the chassis and add recaros to the "full fatter".

Yours is basically a Cup, with the Recaros and stickers thrown in for free. :eek:

Black Gold with cup packs
The 200 is the car the 197 wanted to be if you ask me :) Loved it from the off.. Small but very effective upgrades, it's the same principal with the transition from the 172/182 small effective upgrades which made it overall the superior car

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I want to like it but i am still not gowing on the front. Maybe in time.

I saw the AG one at FCS and thought it looked great, much better in the flesh.

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
200 with 197 front bumper would be immense, otherwise not realy a fan, they only look decent in black

Black Gold Trophy
I just looks like a 197 that has been modified by some chav with too much money and a lack of taste!

As said the wheels look like these pieces of crap that have been knocking around for years and every chav in halfords car park has them...
V2.jpg

The front end just looks plain retarded. You could make it look a lot better possibly by fitting a 197 front bumper, but in financial terms that could be classed as even more retarded!