ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

How do i stop a noisy parcel shelf?

T

thecremeegg

Since i put 6x9s into my parcel shelf, everytime i go over a bump, the weight of the speakers causes the shelf to bounce and rattle. Anyone else managed to overcome this problem?

Cheers

Tom

T

thecremeegg

Hmm could do but that would obviously mean it wouldn't go up :S
if there was a quick release catch or something then that'd be ideal

al

ST on the way...
Perfect solution...

289.gif

T

thecremeegg

Hehe i dont drink tea so my monkey count is 0......not a bad suggestion it must be said!
Alternatively i need somewhere thzt sells strips of thin foam

T

thecremeegg

Ah ok. Thing is finding a stockist, or failing that some foam strips?

Maz

LY 200
If you resolve this please let me know as mine drives me mad and I dont have 6x9s it just rattles .. lol

i placed velcro down each side, one side on the shelf and one side on the actually plastic it rests on. Didnt make much difference, but just thought i wud let you know

1.8 Civic EX
"muuuuuuuum! when you go shopping......."

:D he can swing from my roll cage

I got one! kept bugging lucy everytime we went shopping till she finally gave in!

As for the shelf....maybe just your bog standard "bathroom door" lock if you know what I mean. on the underside....

80MPG BEEZA
you want a fix for this?

i got hold of some sticky back foam and cut half the thickness off and stuck it down both sides under the parcel shelf and its now silent! not one noise i also used 2 bits stacked on top stuck under the sunroof where it clamps down so it fastens more tightly and no noise from the sunroof - this isnt normal foam its quite a dense foam but still has give.

i was thinking of knocking up a few anti rattle kits if people want them like £3-4 inc postage

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I can't link it directly as the site uses sessions, but

http://www.vagparts.com/

look in the shop, alladin's cave, anti rattle felt strips.

I've got bits of this stuck all over the shop, it's thin, you can cut it to shape. One strip's about 80cm for £2.50ish. Stops my parcel shelf squeaking and rattling.

The LED torch for in your cig lighter socket is very good too.

80MPG BEEZA
replace it for a parcel shelf without speakers :rasp:

I dont have speakers in mine and it rattles :dapprove:

same here! its actually the bit the goes down near the back seats rests up against it making it not sit flat + the shelf has no weight so it bounces up and down = solution

my anti rattle kit

i actually STEAL the foam from work there isnt much around the place but i wreckon it could do a few kits i'll put some pics up when i can if people are interested

T

thecremeegg

I sorted mine today, got a strip of foam from a market, cut it into strips that fit nicely onto the plastic where the shelf rests, and used double sided tape from wh smith to stick it down. Works a treat, shame my sunroof died today :(